Martin

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by shaqazoolu, Feb 22, 2010.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i love those things.

2. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

try to find the cash cab!

3. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Over priced tourist trap.

If you want a good deli try Ben's. 38th and 7th, just south of Times SQ. http://www.bensdeli.net/

If you don't mind a short subway ride check out Bistro Le Steak on 3rd Ave and 75th street. Get the Filet Mignon Au Poivree

4. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

Yeah I didn't try Carnegie. My cousin sent me the picture of his sandwich and I was pretty disappointed. It was literally a giant stack of deli meat with 2 pieces of bread...and I'm pretty sure the bread was there only to technically make it a sandwich.

Unfortunately I'm leaving tomorrow for Orlando so I won't have time to check out all of the places but I definitely appreciate the recommendations. However, if any of you have any recommendations for Orlando I'll be more than happy to go sample them in the next few days.

5. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Send Orlando Tiger a PM. Bet she could hook you up.

6. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Caught this...FIrst Orlando is the king of chains, very few really good places to eat that are local. You will want to try Bubbalous for barbque, it is good. There is also Dixie Crossroads which has GREAT rock shrimp and the corn fritters are worth the whole experience. For steak I guess you can go to Charley's but honestly there are some better places imo but it depends on where you are staying and how far you are willing to drive. Although Charleys is the most "popular." It is 5 am and I just got off of work so I will think some more but right now my brain is dead!

You can also come drink at my bar and we do have the best hamburgers in town and we are a local place by far!

7. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

A Co-Worker who recently had SWAT come to his house with a tank is visiting Times Square area this week. I will send him to your haunts, if you hear someone calling out for you at least you will know why.

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

"forget the street hot dogs"

Better than our Lucky Dogs in New Orleans ?
    I dont know, when you are loaded and I find one of those little lucky dog carts in the quarter.
    Glory....

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Don't listen. martin is a fitness guy, he doesn't eat a lot of pigs intestine stuffed with blood and gore. But New York has some of the best street hot dogs out there.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

i should have told that dude to eat at churrascaria plataforma, the rodizio place on 49th street. yunno the place with the endless meat (that's what she said) brought out on skewers by brazilian dudes. and the disc that you turn red or green based on whether you can eat any more meat. that place is specatacular, if a bit touristy.

and i am a bit of a fitness guy these days, but i eat terribly all the time, i love it. the street hot dogs are good but not as good as the meat on a stick, which is often served with a hot dog bun for easier handling.