Mass shooting in Vegas. I predict that some gun nut will make a prediction

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

that gun control advocates will use the event to politicize the gun problem in this country.

I'm not inviting a gun debate here.... this is about "politicizing" disasters. I'm all for it.

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Something I DO oppose: detailed audio and video coverage of these gun slaughters. That's just glorification of death for TV ratings, and it probably tititallates other sickos into wanting to recreate the panic and death.

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Umm...

4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

And now I'm going to do it.

This week the House is expected to pass legislation that would roll back decades-old restrictions on gun silencers, a repeal that would make it harder for police to locate a shooter in an attack.

Now, you see... the legislation to OK silencers has been URGENT because there's such a need for them in this country. The Second Amendment guarantees the fundamental right that if you're going to shoot somebody it's ULTRA IMPORTANT that the police shouldn't be allowed to trace your act of self-defense. The MASSIVE call for action, the tremendous outrage that silencers are illegal in the face of critical necessity, has now come to a political head: Republicans MUST defend the populace's constitutional right to silent self-defense.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Rex, have you ever heard a gun silencer? Specifically on an M-16?

watson1880 likes this.
  6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

In February, Republicans defended the Second Amendment by repealing an Obama rule that the Social Security Administration must notify the FBI of any benefits recipients with severe mental disorders. I mean, why should crazy people be denied the joys of weaponry?

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Rex, a simple question. When a drunk driver kills people, we blame the driver, but when a shooter does so, we blame the gun?

This is a political deal, on the right the "personal responsibility" flag is flying when on the left, the "we know what is better" colors are hoisted.

I have a lot of guns, and would melt them down in a nano second if I thought it would save one person from death. Since I don't plan on killing anyone ( note I and not my guns) melting them down would serve no purpose. But I am ready.

8. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

You really are a tool

shane0911 and watson1880 like this.
  9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

It's a question of utility. Our economy would collapse without cars.... it would be a lot safer and happier without widespread gun ownership.

10. Rex

Rex Founding Member

And now an Orange Buffoon is reading emotionlessly and poorly from a teleprompter about this tragedy. He really is a heartless monster.