Matt Flynn to make first NFL start!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Pintoracer, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Matt Flynn did an incredible job tonight. I'm proud of him.

2. MBTigah

MBTigah Myrtle Beach Tiger Fan

Nothing to be ashamed of in THAT performance. Good job Matt, we in Tiger Nation are proud of you! :thumb:

3. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

Great job Matt! Played a heck of a game.

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Great job by Matt. That loss shouldn't be pinned on him. He and the Packers outplayed the Pats in evry catagory except 1, and unfortunately it's the 1 that counts most. He did show that he has what it takes to be an NFL QB, which is what should have been credited to Miles.

5. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Flynn played a good game, even with Aaron Rodgers I don't think the Packers would have beat the Pats. As for the ending play Collinsworth was bashing Flynn for not calling a play, saying Rodgers would have a play ready but even so that doesn't mean that would have won.
    Overall Flynn did exceptional on the road against a great team.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Flynn was great considering what he had to do. That last play was not on him at all. He was trying to get everyone out of the huddle to the line and out on the flank. Not his fault at all.

The coolest thing I saw, was at the end of the game when it was over, Greg Jennings walked over to Flynn, and told him "we are with you". Thought that was pretty neat.

Flynn did a great job, and hopefully now he may be starting somewhere next season.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You mean the 1 season he actually played? The one where we won a :crystal:

I know it man, what slouch.

8. LaSalleAve

Yeah I gotta agree with you Shane. I don't think he was over rated at all. We lost 4 games that he played in.

2004 season Capital One Bowl vs. Iowa. First of all, how are you gonna bring this kid in, in the bowl game, when he hasn't played all year. That was probably one of the biggest boneheaded coaching decisions I have ever seen from Nick Saban.

2005 season SECCG vs. Georgia. We were way behind when Russell got injured, he had a few good drives and few poor throws, not his fault we had to push the ball or lose.

2007 season 2 starts, @ Kentucky vs. Arkansas. The Kentucky loss, also I would not put on Flynn at all, our boneheaded coaches decided that Charles Scott rushing for 100 yards in the first half was plenty enough work for him, and we didn't see him until a 4th and 4 play at the end of the game. Arkansas we scored plenty of points to beat Arkansas, Defense couldn't stop, McFadden/Jones/Hillis.

In my opinion, he is a smarter quarterback than Jamarcus, he isn't as gifted physically, but who's going to have the better NFL career? If Jamarcus had never gone to LSU, I think Flynn would have done just as well. That is just my opinion, of course we will never know.

9. Kino74

Kino74 Founding Member

When Flynn pounded the 3rd rank defense of Miami back in the Peach Bowl, I knew that kid had the smarts. Having only one week to prepare before going into Foxborough against a RED HOT Patriot team that hasn't lost a regulation home game in ages almost pulling off a victory speaks volumes of Flynn.

10. LaSalleAve

Game, Set, Match, this thread can rest in peace, unless more have come to sing Flynn's praises. :yelwink2: