Matt Flynn to make first NFL start!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Pintoracer, Dec 18, 2010.

1. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Yeah, that one. Only because his 12-2 season is arbitrarily deemed more important than Russell's 12-2 season, all for reasons out of LSU's control. Pat White's bruised thumb won us that crystal.

I like Matty, I do, but I still feel that it's foolish to write off all his shortcomings just because he won us a championship. In all honesty, we should have been taken out of contention for that crystal due to his game-sealing INT in the last regular season game.

Regardless, I'm proud of what he accomplished here at LSU and enjoyed watching him play last night. He played a hell of a game and I hate seeing him take heat for the end of game shenanigans.

2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Jesus, can't we have just ONE Flynn or Jamarcus thread that doesn't turn into a "who was better than who" or "Flynn should've started in '06" argument?

3. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Try not to forget that New England sports the league's second-worst pass defense. I think we need a bigger sample size to gauge his true potential as an NFL starter.

Nice game though.

4. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Nope, impossible. I think it's a rule or something. Any mention of Miles is greeted with a Saban, and any mention of Flynn is greeted with a Russell. I don't think it's a matter of who was better, they both gave LSU plenty of memorable moments. People tend to over rate the :crystal: sometimes, though.

5. souljaslim1

souljaslim1 Bigg Daddy

I agree...some of you must remember that new englands dfense didnt pressure him too often..and the few times they did they flushed him out of the pocket or got a sack....lets see how he does against a very aggressive dfense...like the RAVENS,,PHILLY,,JETS..just to name a few...

6. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

LSU always lucks into championship trophies. It was some other teams injuries, it was a fluke loss - never because LSU went on the field and earned it. Alabama has a Colt McCoy injury to thank for their NC but I don't see any Bama fans moping like they didn't really earn it and they shouldn't. Neither should LSU fans (if that's what you call them). Suck it up! Who gives a flip what happened to Pat White. That's life and football. Grow a pair. LSU won the NC that year and deserved it.

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Absolutely agree. Can you name any champ of anything worth playing for that didn't have a 'Luck' moment during the season. If someone braggs about how their easy conference championship tell them to shut up, go home and polish their WAC trophy.

8. Perple

Perple Founding Member

1 person likes this.
  9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I must disagree on your assessment of "arbitrary 12-2 season" JR's 2006 included losses where the offense turned the ball over and scored 3 and 10 points. Matt Flynn's performance in 2007 greatly helped LSU score the highest single season point total in program history. Actually, the D is what cost us the losses in 2007. My real point is that I think Flynn has the potential to be a playoff-caliber QB in the NFL.

10. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

That he does. He looked good. I personally hope JaMarcus can get back to the NFL too. Would love to see them both starting in the league.