Matt Jones Hurt?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Jul 21, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

Unconfirmed Rumor that Arkansas Senior QB, Matt Jones, tore his ACL (again) in a pickup basketball game this morning or last night. Anyone hear this?

If this is true they are ScroooooooooWeeeeeeeed!

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Nothing on Woopig about it. Where did you hear this ?

3. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i've seen delusional fans before but after seeing that link above:

If this is true, I want to rescind my prediction of 9-3 with a bowl victory and Jones going in the first round of the NFL draft. --Dburg_Hog

Matt Jones is the only returning starter on offense and they have 3 on defense returning. I've never seem a team decimated as Arkansas. If they finish anywhere near .500 they are a success.

9-3? cmon man. maybe 3-9.

Texas will hammer them after last year.

their only sure wins are UL Monroe and New Mexico St.

they will lose to UF, AU, UGA, SC, Ole Miss, LSU and probably lose to Bama.

IF MSU improves as the season goes on, they have a shot to beat them as well late in the season.

good luck hog fans. I feel sorry for you.

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Matt Jones sucked anyway. It would'nt matter if he returned or not. I hope he does play against LSU.

6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

That would be terrible. He was their only returning offensive starter, I think.

That's gotta hurt.

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

You guys underestimate Houston Nutt...He continually produces there...and he has absolutely NO pallet to work with. He also plays against a stacked deck...

Fayetteville-according to NCAA and Census stats-is the most segregated city in which an SEC School is to be found (Baton Rouge, interestingly enough, is the least segregated, from what I read, so don't know how much you can even read into this), as well as just being old hick-ish...Out in the middle of nowhere, they have nothing to offer in terms of culture or off campus events or destiations. They have the University, and that's it.

They have continually produced little running backs that could...and Matt Jones has honestly done a pretty good job for a tall, slow, gangly white boy who just seems like he should be a grease spot by now...

Houston Nutt's a helluva coach who always produces and ALWAYS wins at home. Watch out for him. They're liable to have not just a decent season, but I'll predict they'll sneak into a bowl with at least 6 W's...

8. tirk

Slow? dude runs a 4.4 40 and its legit compared to the typical Hog 40 times. He constantly is outrunning team's secondaries and he's 6'6.

Nutt has done more than most thought he could, for sure, but their secondary is as green as it gets and teams will put up huge numbers on this team and there will be no answer.

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

The Hogs don't lose in Fayettname or Crack...err...Little Rock...and I'm telling you that "AD-Lite" Nutt will have 'em inspired...He's a master motivator, and he is an expert at pulling rabbits from his hat...

He'll have them bowling, and I'll betcha beer on it...

10. tirk

you're on. I'll owe you two to one if they make a bowl with that schedule and "depth".