Matt Mauck - Denver

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Apr 25, 2004.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

7th round, just drafted

224th pick overall

Looks like he'll at the very least sign and make enough money to pay for dental school. :)

2. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

He went sort of low. I thought he'd go higher maybe 4th-5th round. He was taken AFTER Krenzel of Ohio State, Sorgi of Wisconsin--that is really puzzling, Smoker of Michigan State and Navarre of Michigan.

I think he'll get a chance to make the team or get loaned to NFL Europe. I don't get the NFL draft sometimes. Smoker and Navarre were considered legit NFL prospects, but Sorgi and Krenzel taken before Mauck? Did Matt's workouts and measurements and times not go so well?

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Honestly, I never saw anyone predict Mauck would be a 4th round pick...In fact, I was surprised he got drafted...

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

He's got a decent shot to make the team. Steve Burlien is Plummer's backup and he's older than dirt. Danny Kannell (sp??) had the third spot last year and it wouldn't take much to displace him.

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Matt may be the next Tom Brady :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

6. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

I'd really love to see him make it, but I just get the feeling that he's using the NFL to pay for dental school.

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I think to say that Matt is using the NFL only for the money to pay for dental school is not fair. IMO, Matt will give everything he has to try and hang around in the league for as long as possible. The money will be a plus but to say that is his only motivation would be short-sighted.

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Matt is a competitor and will do everything in his power to excel at anything he does. In this case, he will certainly try to compete for a roster spot. At the same time he is wise enough to know that attaining a roster spot will make him even more better off financially for his future studies and career.

I would love to see him some day sneak into a significant role on a team. Denver already had 5 qb's on their roster before today and they drafted a couple including Mauck. Pretty odd if ya ask me. Not long after drafting Mauck, they drafted QB Bradlee Van Pelt, 6-2 223, out of Colorado State. To say the least, Matt will have his work cut out for him to make the roster.

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I'm happy that at least I have a chance to watch him play for the Broncos this year but I wish the Broncos could've got Davery or Michael because the Broncos need some
    good wide recievers with Eddy Mac retiring and I would've loved to watch them play on a weekly basis.
    I think Matt can make it on this team because the Broncos don't have depth at QB or Wide reciever.

The Broncos have all these backups because they don't have a #2 QB.
    Jarrius Jackson was cut last year along with the other one until Steve got hurt.

I watch the Broncos every week and Danny K and Jarrius Jackson isn't the answer to the Broncos QB problems.

10. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Eli used people. Now Matt uses people. BULL-------both are fine young men who are making decisions we may not like but are in their best interest. If Matt had come back for his senior year at dear ole LSU, how many of you would help pay his way to dental school had he been injured and unable to play pro ball? Plus he probably will have several 100k in his checkbook.