Matt Patchan

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUTiga, Oct 21, 2007.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Enjoyed his visit a lot and we've apparently gained ground. Any chance we pull him from Florida to come here? Says he won't announce til beginning of January.

1 person likes this.
  2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Dad played at Miami - considered a Miami lock, but LSU looks like we're in 2nd place in case something where to change.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Miami sucking big time might be that "change".

4. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

I would think with all the Miami players that have soft-verbals to the U and are visiting other places...dont really feel Shannon has it turned around just yet. If I were a top recruit, I'd look for a school with success in at least the past 3 years, and moving up...not a mediocre school struggling to win in a sub-par conference.

And another note, all the TV time the Tigers pulled this year already...has made a impact on National appeal and recruiting. You here Gameday guru's calling LSU "The most talented team in the Nation" and it draws these recruits to our campus.

5. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

While I never like to count anyone out until they actually commit somewhere, I think this guy is the biggest longshot of anyone regularly discussed in recruiting circles. I think we have a better chance at Julio Jones or Darrell Scott than we have at Patchan, and I don't think we have much shot at those either.

6. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

December 13, 2007
    Home cookin: UF coach cooks at Patchan home visit
    5 Coaches some wearing knee pads and aprons

http://blogs.tampabay.com/preps/hillsborough_county/index.html

When Armwood coach Sean Callahan said two-way senior lineman Matt Patchan was getting recruited "harder than anyone I've had," he wasn't kidding.

Patchan, a 6-foot-8, 265-pound tackle, received the full-court press by Florida Wednesday, with five Gators coaches visiting for dinner.

According to Patchan's mother, DeAnne, Gators offensive line coach Steve Addazio even put on an apron and helped her cook beef tenderloin.

"It was great," DeAnne said. "I think coach (Urban) Meyer really liked it."

Patchan, whom Callahan said will announce his decision next week in a press conference, had narrowed down his college choices to Florida, LSU and Miami, where his father, Matt, played.

All three schools made their home visits this week. Which one will win out?

"I don't even know," DeAnne said. She then joked, "He's trying to make us all crazy."

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We need to get this guy.

We rarely snag a big time O-lineman for whatever reason.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'm torn here. For LSU's sake I hope you get him if you want him. I still think he's going to be a Gator and ultimately that's probably a good thing. He's an attitude waiting to happen IMO.

9. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

I agree, something is wrong with his attitude. Cant really explain, but judging from his quotes there is something wrong.

10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Might just come down to now playing time which works for both schools but more so in the swamps.