Matt Ryan is better than Drew Brees...

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by fanatic, Dec 26, 2010.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

...according to KC Joyner of ESPN. Really? Ryan is having a better season than Drew as far as his interception ratio, but Drew has better stats than him in every other major passing category. Drew has had a couple of games where his decision making has been suspect, but his interceptions are up because the offensive line is not as good as they were last year and injuries to both starting running backs, who are great receivers, for much of the year. I wonder how many NFL GMs would take Matt Ryan over Drew, if both were available?

When Matt Ryan throws for 5,000 yards in a single season, leads his team to 2 NFC championship games, a Super Bowl title, and a Super Bowl MVP, then I'll be ready to crown him a better QB then Drew Brees. But one season that isn't even over yet does not determine greatness. The dude that wrote this article is a jacka$$.

NFL: Matt Ryan has surpassed Drew Brees as the best quarterback in the NFC South - ESPN (It's an ESPN Insider story, so the entire article is not available)

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Atlanta has a bruising running attack that they will showcase throughout the game. Great defense, excellent special teams, timely passing, home field advantage. To the winner goes the spoils.

PS, Drew is really, really good.

3. fanatic

Yeah, we know that quite well. |lombardi| :wave:

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'd bet that the guy that wrote the article is probably from the atl?

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Well last nites game should put an end to silly talk like this.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Exactly, I wonder if anyone will take the time to dig up his latest article to see if there is a retraction? I'm thinking we won't see it.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Something is just a little off with Drew this season. It has to be the Saints rushing attack. Too much pressure is being put on Drew to do everything.

He f'd me in my fantasy super bowl. Now i have to depend on DeSean Jackson to get me 6 points.......

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

True he isn't having the stellar season he had last yr, but opposing DC's know we don't have a running game and are going to be throwing the ball 45+ times/game. With that many pass attempts something bad is bound to happen, and has several times. Good thing is he is soooooo good he overcomes it when he is needed too. At least more often than not.

9. fanatic

I've noticed this too. He's just not quite as accurate on the deep throws and he missed a couple of WIDE OPEN receivers on intermediate routes to go long last night. I think you're right when you say it's the running game. No one respects it, so they don't bite on play action.

I hope Ivory is back next week. We had our best game running the ball against TB earlier in the year and I see no reason why we can't do the same on Sunday. Their D-line does not match up well with our O-line plus I think they're decimated by injuries.

I hope we don't take this game lightly. I know we're in the playoffs and there's hardly a chance ATL will lose to CAR, but remember last year when they held us to 3 pts in the 2nd half and ended up beating us in OT (after we destroyed them 38-7 earlier in the year.)

10. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Atlanta may go into this game thinking they're gonna skate. This is Carolina's Swan Song this year. They will be fired up. We can hope.