Matter of Time, the left strikes again - Mike the Tiger

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Oct 29, 2003.

1. lsucurlyq

lsucurlyq Founding Member

Haha that's my favorite PETA story yet....I emailed them and told them to donate money to help our "poor wittle tiger"

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Hey, I hate PETA as much as the next person, but what is PETA getting out of this? I don't understand the "looking out for themselves" comment. Are they protecting themselves from something, or getting something out of it?

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Fact is this, as much as Peta has good intentions with a piss poor delivery, their point is somewhat valid.

Mikes cage is sad. He needs one of the best facilities in the land. He already gets the best treatment from a medical perspective.

I dont agree with them on the let him go. Assuming we all continue the I Like Mike campaign and get him his new facility I think their cries will fall on deaf ears.

But we dont have an argument when non-lsu people look at his cage... He needs he new cage.

They have already said, if they dont build it and we lose our current mike, LSU is not getting another one.

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I agree that Mike's current habitat deserves to have the PETA people coming after us.

The new habitat would be better than any zoo because it will be tailor specifically for the Bengal Tiger. Zoos can't give that much specialized attention to one animal. I will not give much thought to PETA until they force all zoos to release animals also.

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

About a month ago there were two bengal tigers that a man was trying to give away here in Houston (outskirts). Apparently, he couldn't care for them after his wife passed away. I think the tigers lived in a big pen right outside of their house. I didn't think that was allowed but maybe it was. They didn't look like they were in nearly as good of shape as Mike. If anyone has a link to the story (article in Houston Chronicle), I'd like to read it again. What's the ETA on Mike's new cage? I heard they had raised $1.4 million but were less than halfway to the necessary amount. I have no idea if that means months, years, or decades away but they had started the campaign back when I was in school and that was over 3 yrs ago.

6. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Sure beats an apartment in Harlem.:cuss:

7. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

I totally agree with getting him a new cage. The current one is pathetic.

8. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Does anyone remember what Mike's "cage" looked like prior to when the current one was built? It was just a cement square in front of the historic enclosure. It was said that Mike III spent his entire life on concrete. What a tragedy for our great mascot to live like that. The current enclosure is miles better - BUT we need to get this new one built in a hurry. It looks like it will be fantastic.

PETA is a self-indulgent organization that uses terrorist tactics. For amount of legitimate good that they do for animals that are brutalized and tortured, their shock tactics offend and alienate huge numbers of people - in my opinion.

LSU and its supporters should give Mike the home he deserves regardless of what PETA says.

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Oh for Pete's sake! You've GOT to be kidding me!

After reading that article, I wanted to slap a tree-hugger! Freak'n morons!

I'm sure the Sothern jaguar, as well as Mike, get more and BETTER treatment where they are now, than what they would get in some wildlife sanctuary.

Although I've often thought Mike's current "house" to be a bit on the small side, his new fascility should MORE than take care of that. Mike is king on that campus and treated like royalty (as he rightfully should).

He probably eats and sleeps better than any one of us! ...and he's waited on hand and foot by an entire vetinary team! What more could you ask for?!?!?!?!

Mike's getting a $2.5 million dollar home, has his own team of personal doctors, eats like a champ, has millions of friends that think he's the greatest, he's an icon of an entire school, he's the pride of an entire team, student body and fans (how many of us can claim to have all of that?!?!). So, yeah, LETS release him to some piss poor wildlife sanctuary where he can be under-fed and get sick from some other disease-infested creature...OR better yet, let's just ship him back to India where he can be potched by some retard and turned into a rug?!

....Ummmmmmm....NAHHHHHH. I think he's FINE RIGHT WHERE HE IS! Why don't those animal rights idiots go and harrass a slaughter house or something...:cuss:

10. ledfoot

ledfoot Founding Member

These are the same people who trashed the LSU vet school(my opinion).They are just whining liberals with nothing better to do and use criminal terrorist tactics to get attention.