Mauck

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallastigers, Mar 2, 2003.

1. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

This article does not make Mauck's situation look that good (at least for Spring Practice).

Advocate.com Link

2. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

I agree that 2003 is going to be a rebuilding year of some sort. we will still be working out kinks this next season, and mauck is going to feel the pressure from the two youngsters. I think one of them can come in and make an impact in 2003.

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I hvae stated my prediction of 2nd or 3rd in the SEC West with an invite to the Outback Bowl. Auburn will likely win the West with LSU,Arky and Ole Miss fighting for 2nd thru 4th.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I wouldn't call 2003 a rebuilding year, we could win 9 games and go to a major bowl. Yet we are not exactly cocked and loaded either. Neither Mauck nor Randall has a full year of playing time under his belt, so whover starts at QB, be he veteran or freshman, is not going to be seasoned. It's a wide open contest between seven quarterbacks in the fall. Unless, of course, a single QB rises clearly to the top in the spring, which will quicky force the transfers or re-positioning of 3 reserve QB's.

Then it will be a fall battle between four QB's. Nick would not have gone so hard after 3 top HS quarterbacks if he didn't expect one of them to be starting in 2004.

Auburn better win it this year if they can, 2004 will be the year of the LSU Tiger.

5. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I wouldn't expect Auburn to be much different in 2004 than we wil be in 2003. Our entire backfield (Williams, Brown and Jacobs) are juniors this year - sure - 1 or 2 will probably go pro - but that will leave us with at least one - and then junior Tre Smith. Jason Campbell will be a senior in 2004 - are will have 3 junior WR's, senior TE's - and lose 1 or 2 starters from the OL. Defense will be a little more difficult as we lose two DL and 2 LB - but will return a TON of depth on the DE and in the backfield.

I think unless something changes on the coaching front - the SEC West will come down to Auburn and LSU the next couple of years (as long as we both can beat f#@$#@$ng Arkansas).

6. dallastigers

Link below has Mauck #11 in Heisman rank. What the heck?

Link

7. Mojo74

Mojo74 Founding Member

I don't think you read that right. The number is the team's rank, then the listed player is who on that team has the best shot at the heisman.

My question is what about Michael Clayton?

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

hmmm, they are ranking LSU an early #11. Anyone think that is a bit generous?

9. dallastigers

Very generous if they consider Mauck our best chance at the Heisman. QB is one of our biggest question marks going into next year.

Mojo you are right. I found this at another board and only read the rankings. My bad, but I agree with you Clayton would be a better choice as it stands right now.

10. LSU Tailgater

LSU Tailgater Freshman

I definatly think that Clayton is our best Heisman canadate. As far as th Qb situation goes, I think that Russell has a great shot at making an impact, but the only concern is he is a freshman playing QB in the SEC. Who do you all thinks starts at QB the opening game?