Mavericks fire Avery Johnson

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUtiger327, Apr 30, 2008.

1. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

From coach of the year to no job at all.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

he deserved it. he only has a .730 winning % and he did a terrible job making that move for kidd.

4. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

It's sad but he'll resurface somewhere. I wish guys like Allen Iverson, Rasheed Wallace, and Rafer Alston were more like him. He brought sorely needed class to the NBA.

I like basketball...NOT hip-hop Thug Ball.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

i have always liked avery. it is a shame he was made out to be tirks espcape goat. he will land a job by this afternoon if he wants to, and i am sure cleveland fans are already calling for him.

one of the most respected and nicest guys in the game. he just has a temper on the court.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

Exactly, Rasheed is one of the most respected and charitable guys in the league, definitely a temper, but it has been under control.

Hip hop thug basketball is a poor description of the league. Every guy doesnt have to be suit and tie to succeed in the league.

7. Carface

Carface What the...?

[​IMG]

Coach killllllaaaaaaaa.

8. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I didn't say that the entire league is comprised of thugs. The NBA realized that several players were bringing the thug mentality to the game and tried to stop it with increased fouls, dress code, etc. before it got out of hand.

Rasheed immediately pulled the card that people love to use when they don't get their way...RACE. Although he makes 13+ million, he claimed that the NBA was racist against black players. He never mentioned that over 40 black NBA players have contracts worth over 10 million dollars. Kevin Garnett will make 24 million this year.

He claimed that white refs call more fouls on black players but failed to mention that black refs call more fouls on white players. He may have learned to control his emotions and he may be a great guy off the court...I honestly don't know.

I personally think he's mentally unstable. I'm no expert but when you look at him closely, he doesn't always seem to be there. Something in his eyes makes him look a little nuts.

He plays a great game and he doesn't fake fouls like the Master Thug Allen Iverson. Now if someone wants to defend good little Christian boy A.I....good luck.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I hate that Avery was fired. He was the "escape goat." Some of the trades were ridiculous, and I still think that breaking up Finley, Nash, and Dirk was bone-headed.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

what the hell does race have to do with it, its some bad characters in the NBA white or black, just like every professional league

I know Rasheed Wallace personally, and he is an upstanding guy, father and community person.
    He gives more in charity and time than most guys in the NBA, to black and white children, in Detroit and Philadephia. Unstable isnt Rasheed, passionate and hot headed is him. Cant control his emotions is him. But he is one of the best pf, to play the game. His downside is his temper and disrespect for authority sometimes. Hes no angel, but he isnt crazy or the devil which how you paint him.