Mavericks fire Avery Johnson

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUtiger327, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I'll defend A.I. He plays with more heart than just about anyone in the game. He may look like a thug, but I whole-heartedly believe that he absolutely is not a thug. A.I. has passion. That speaks volumes, IMO.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

does he have a passion for "practice"?

3. khounba

khounba Founding Member

How in the hell is he supposed to make his team mates better by practicing? That's absurd.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

he was right about the nba being racist. they are enablers. they think that the public doesnt like cornrows, baggy pants and tats so they do their best to prevent it. its all for $$$ but they are still biased against the "unseemly" parts of black culture.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i have no idea what this is in reference to. cajunsensation said ai has passion. i asked if he had passion for practice. it was obviously a rhetorical question, but i do think the meaning of it is relevant.

but i see you're upset. sorry for poking fun at your sugar daddy.

6. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Well, there we have it. It's official! Wallace and Iverson are just misunderstood as was Hitler...and Rev. Wright...and David Duke...and Don Imus...and Ted Kaczynski...and Adam Jones...and Malcolm X...and Benedict Arnold...and Patti Hurst...and Richard Nixon...and Tupac Shakur...and on and on...

Does anyone EVER take resposibility for their comments or actions these days? If everyone is such a wonderful person, who is commiting murder, rape, theft, terrorism?

It's like the mother who says my boy is a great little Christian kid who would never harm anyone...after he murders several people in a drug deal and who has a rap sheet a mile long.

If Wallace and Iverson are great guys then there must not be a single person in the NBA who's NOT a great guy. If so...who?

According to this, I guess I can punch someone or call them a racial slur because I give over 10% of my income to my church. Don't call me a bad person for insulting anyone because I donated to TAF this year. That makes me a Saint.

Atoning for a mistake is admirable and should be forgiven. Regularly being an ass but being nice to your friends or donating to charity doesn't resolve anything if you continue to be a jerk the rest of the time.

Iverson ROUTINELY fakes fouls. I personally don't believe that's good sportsmanship. That's the "anything to win" mentality and a reason many people have shifted their attention to college and semi-pro games. Someone must agree because Iverson and Wallace aren't regulars on the celebrity endorsement circuit which tells me they're not as marketable as Shaq, LeBron James, or Dwyane Wade.

7. khounba

khounba Founding Member

:huh:

Just watch the last 3 seconds.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI[/MEDIA]

And I always thought you were my sugar daddy.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

The 2 are not even comparable, rape and murder vs cussing out the ref or having a temper on the court, wow. Thats a stretch. I never said Rasheed was a saint, I guess you can cherry pick the parts of my post and CJ post you want to respond too. Iverson fakes fouls is bs, the guy is 5'10 at 173lbs and he fakes fouls, thats pretty lightweight for the NBA. You have got to be kidding me.

Let me blow some more wholes in your Argument. Rasheed and Iverson have tatoos and both have tempers with the refs.
    lets take apart Lebron James, the guy is 23 yrs old, with 2 kids not married, linked with several people in the "Hip Hop" industry as you put it.
    Dwayne Wade, has been spotted cheating on his wife several different times and is going through a divorce.

All these guys have their personal problems, but to single out Iverson and Rasheed, just because you believe they are thugs is wrong.

I also believe that having a dress code is a good thing, wearing a coat and collar shirt is a good thing to me. Having an age limit in the NBA is another good thing to me. Its a business.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Wait, we are talking about Practice?:hihi:

Side note: In no way do I feel flopping is unsportmanship. It takes skill and being in the right position. Forcing refs to call fouls is something that is taught by every coach. You win some and you lose some but when you lose some you can see refs question themselves and call make up fouls latter in the game.

However, maybe I just like it because I am a Jazz fan and all my coaches taught us that way. I look at as an art like pulling the chair on someone. Which is something Malone was known for. Some call this stuff dirty but the only ones who complain are the ones who they go against and they are usually out of control anyway. But it is a good way to balance the aggressivness of the opposing team.

However, it looks dumb when players that suck at it try to do it.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Divac and Ginobili are the worst ever in the NBA at flopping, oh and Dennis Rodman