Mavericks fire Avery Johnson

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUtiger327, Apr 30, 2008.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

LSUMASTERMIND:
    "Iverson fakes fouls is bs, the guy is 5'10 at 173lbs and he fakes fouls, thats pretty lightweight for the NBA. You have got to be kidding me."

Even if I don't agree with you I respect your opinion but you are kidding about the comment above...right? If he's not faking, I guess he has a balance problem or is so small that the wind from a 250 pound player running by him blows him down.

I've seen him (MANY TIMES) fall down when the opposing player isn't within five feet of him. If the ref has a bad angle they assume he was pushed and they blow the whistle.

I understand what bhelm is saying but that's the same mentality that causes problems in all facets of our society. Why did you do it?...because everyone else does.

I guess I like the guys who are above that and don't resort to acting or enticing the ref to blow the whistle. To each his own.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

we have to agree to disagree, the guy is an iron man, i havent seen a player in the NBA play with more injuries. And let me tell you its some wimps in the NBA, like Marcus Camby and Vince Carter.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I agree, especially Divac. This video goes against our view but they didn't show all the ones when he swung his arms over his head and stubbled the length of the court.:hihi:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgPHIT61FfU[/MEDIA]

Now this one looks like unsportmanship. There has to be at least some contact.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CplMELbi7o[/MEDIA]

4. bhelmLSU

Not because everyone else does it but because it was what the coach taught you to do and any coach who says they have not talked about doing it wisely is lying. I think a bigger problem would be players just disregarding how the game is played and not listening to what is asked of you.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

edit: not even concerned anymore.

[​IMG]

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Ha. Getting this thread back on track, Although it was undeserved, I think the Mavericks did AJ a favor by firing him. Now, he's not stuck with soft-ass Dirk Novizitki (sp?) and can put his talents to use coaching a real team. I think he's be a perfect fit for Chicago.

7. bhelmLSU

Looks like the Suns will be looking for a new coach. But the Bulls would be a nice fit for AJ as well.