Max, I have just got word that Campo and Gary Crowden will be hired Friday.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Jan 6, 2005.

1. max

max Founding Member

Campo and Gary Crowden will be hired Friday.

per Dandy Don 9:17PM Thursday

2. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Are you talking to yourself? I didnt see that on DD????? You confused me.

3. max

max Founding Member

I emailed Don this evening regarding the Campo rumors and at first he emailed me back and said that Browns LB coach Edwards had interviewed with Miles for some position. Then, he emailed me back with the quote that is the title of my post. I am just passing it along. He didn't ask me to keep it a secret, so I am just passing it along. Perhaps, he has bad information or perhaps he will wait to get more confirmation tomorrow before posting it on his site. Take it for what it is worth. All I know is what I relayed.

4. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Awwweeee. Okay....good news IMO, if true

5. BigJ31

BigJ31 Founding Member

Les is already impressing me.

6. max

max Founding Member

Agreed. I am not trying to start a rumor. This is just the response that Don sent me to the Campo question I emailed him.

If this is true (and I do say if), it would be awesome. A former NFL head coach and defensive coordinator who has won a national championship with the Canes as a secondary coach and multiple Superbowls as an assistant coordinating LSU's defense. And, a former NFL offensive coordinator coordinating our offense along side Miles.

This would certainly put down all the unease about the whole 4-2-5 Clay thing, and it would be dynamite for recruiting.

7. radrod

radrod Founding Member

remember where you heard it first...

AND PLEASE GIVE ME SOME REP POINTS!!!! I am a needy man!!! :D

8. philter

philter Founding Member

You should email him and ask if the information has come from an anonymous email or a forum post, or someone he 'trusts' and has been correct before.

I'd love for it to be true (recruits would truly roll in - but how long could we keep Campo or Crowton? who cares?)..but DD has been known to read forums or get emails from people who read forums, and post that information as his 'source'.

9. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

GREAT news if true

I'll believe it when I read in the TP or Advocate. I would be happy keeping Fisher as OC, but I think Crowton would be an upgrade. Don't know much about Campo other than the obvious fact he has NFL head coaching and DC experience, I'll take him sight unseen before Bill Clay, on reputation alone. If in fact Miles can hire Crowton and Campo, that says a lot for Miles --- his judgment, and his clout in being able to hire relatively big names for coordinators. Campo and Crowton would probably be looking to re-establish their reputations at LSU in hopes of landing a HC job again (?), but that's OK, that will only serve as further motivation for them to excel in Tigertown.

I do know that Dandy Don does respond to emails, so Max's post rings true. Of course, who knows whether Dandy is right or not, he's a really good guy but not always 100% accurate.

10. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Is this the same Dandy Don that Purple & Gold fed a hatched story about LSU getting a quarterback from UNLV as a transfer to prove he was stealing their story?

Is this the same Dandy Don that actually posted on his website that LSU fans should stop worrying, that Auburn was not in the lead for outstanding in-state linebacker named Ratphuc Mobley?

I love the Dandy one myself...Who doesn't love a state employee who updates his website on state time while he should be out doing his job-inspecting meat-each morning...But, let's take it with a grain of salt...

All that being said, he also has some scoop from time to time...Maybe he's right...I just hope my double cheeseburger didn't suffer from his scoop earlier today...