Max, I have just got word that Campo and Gary Crowden will be hired Friday.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Jan 6, 2005.

1. stl

stl Freshman

Tiger educated:

I never post anything on this site because I generally never have anything to add to the conversation. I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts and enjoy the information I get from this site.

That being said, I am sure that if we checked your last 2,600 posts we could find 2 instances of you being wrong, especially when you post information that you get from one of your "sources". If Dandy Don is wrong, or gets fooled, or is just an idiot, you should appreciate the fact that he is so passionate about LSU sports, even if he does it on "state time". Unless you are independently wealthy, or your own boss, I would imagine you are posting on someone else's time. If you aren't I am happy you have enough time to post messages 10 times a day.

Anyway, if you feel like Dandy Don is such an idiot maybe you shouldn't read his site, then bitch about what he writes, and then have such a condescending attitude towards him when you post about him.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

OOOOOOOHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh Please, please, please, please, please, please be true!!!!!

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Dandy Don's post this morning certainly doesn't say who will be hired, just that he thinks someone will be hired today.

4. dallas tiger 2

dallas tiger 2 Founding Member

If this is true about Campo, that would be an awesome hire for the Tigers. During his time here at Dallas (before he was promoted to head coach), he was able to field a darn good defense every year inspite of the personnel losses that he was forced to endure (because our GM Jerry Jones spent all the money on the offense) and all of the bad defensive drafts (see again Jerry Jones). Although he was 'out of his league' as a head coach, he was an outstanding defensive coordinator who could scheme as well as anyone before the game and was excellent at in-game adjustments. I think he is as good and perhaps a tad bit better (as a defensive mind) than Saban......he's that good!

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Don is a retired referee, isn't he?

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

i would love to believe this. but, after going through this whole saban fiasco recently, hearing conflicting rumors almost every minute of everyday, i've learned to be extremely skeptical about any and everything that i hear until it's official.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agree with most of what you said. Campo is a good DC who was out of his element as a HC. But you're last statement may be going a little too far. No way do I think Campo is better at defensive schemes than Saban. In addition to defensive schemes, Saban was also a good teacher and communicator. If we get him, I hope I'm wrong.

8. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Hopefully we can get both these guys. How much money will they request though?
    Who cares?
    Fanatic and dallas tiger 2, it is hard to compare these two guys in scheming, etc on the defense. Saban is good and I don't know enough about Campo to make an educated judgement, but looking at his resume and success I would Campo is good at it. Maybe somebody can post some info when Saban was a DC in the NFL.

However, I do have question about the defense scheming in 2004. Don't you think the Saban did a lot less scheming this season than he did in 2003? It seems like every play in 2003 that LSU was moving around confusing the offense and it seems like there was a lot more complicated blitzing schemes in 2003. I don't think our defense was as good this season as it was in 2003. I know we lost some quality players but it seems the complex schemes and blitzing was subdued this season. What do you think?

9. dallas tiger 2

dallas tiger 2 Founding Member

I think the biggest difference between last year's defense and this year's defense was Chad Lavalais. That guy was SO disruptive up front that team's would double & triple him, leaving clear lanes for our blitzing folks to get after the QB. It seems to me that this year, we didn't have many clear shots at a QB when we blitzed. IMO.

10. veedo

veedo Founding Member

I believe that we had two key losses on the defense. 1)Lavalais for the obvious reasons and 2) Jack Hunt. Hunt was basically the qb for the defense. He made all of the defensive calls and adjustments. He was the leader on the field that the 2004 team was lacking.