May 16th

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 5, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Congressional approval ratings will go down to single digits. We elected them to find compromises and work to get the country moving, not grow further and further apart. The politicians are putting their parties above their constituents. We need a moderate party very badly.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i agree, but right now, that isnt gonna do any good.

right now congress is a complete cluster phuck of everyone acting like 3 year olds in a sandbox war. (my apologizes to 3 year olds.) nothing is gonna be accomplished without some compromise from both sides.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

no doubt.

But raising the debt ceiling will not accomplish this. We need a reason to address it and the sooner we do it, the better off we will all be.

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

From what I understand , some new congressman has added a stipend that the new budget will defund parts of obamacare. There is no way that Obama will sign any bill that defunds his healthcare bill. This bill is his most prized accomplishment.
    I don't agree with the way the dems pushed this bill through without any compromise with the reps but now isn't the time for this fight.
    The American people don't want the debt limit raised or the government to shut down. I don't want not one U.S serviceman to not get paid on time. Hell I think they don't get paid nearly enough for what they do.
    Now isn't the time to fight the obamacare fight. Cut the budget on things that can be agreed on so the debt limit doesn't have to be raised and pass a budget before Friday.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

This is nothing new. It's been going on for years. Obama and the Democrats (not saying GOP is not guilty) have exacerbated the problem. The damage done by 4 - 5 years of Obama/Pelosi/Reid may never be undone.

6. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

7. OkieTigerTK

what if it sends us back into a recession? is it a good idea then?

i am not in favor of raising the debt limit, i want these phucking jackasses on both sides to find middle ground and quit playing politics.

8. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Recession is just rhetoric.

Debt needs to be liquidated. Interest rates need to raise. Bad businesses need to be shut down. And people need to save and not spend.

Our economy is so managed it is artificial. We need a correction.

Will it hurt. Yes. Will it be easy. No. Will it destroy us in the future if we don't do something. Yes.

9. OkieTigerTK

so do you want the parties to compromise, or do you want it "your guy's way or no way"?

and what if you are wrong? what if it is extended and we DO slide back into recession because of it? then what?

10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

All they do is compromise. Crap in Crap out.

The logic is simple.

It's April and our GOVT. has run out of money for the year. So they must borrow. I mean WTF!!! Who lives like this!!!

A recession is a correction. It will either come easy or hard.