May 16th

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 5, 2011.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

you and red may be talking about different pills. there is the morning after pill which actually prevents conception. women take it within 120 hours of unprotected sex and it prevents conception from happening. however, many on the far right consider that abortion. that one i havent figured out because it keeps conception from happening.

there are also many documented instances of pharmacists refusing to dispense the pill, even tho the woman has a drs prescription for it, because of their anti-abortion beliefs. to me, that is wrong, because if it is legal, and a woman has a legal prescription, she needs to get the pill without delay because of the limited window of actually being able to prevent conception.

if you are talking about the pill that causes abortion post conception, that would be ru486. completely different pill taken not to prevent conception, but to cause abortion in the first two months of pregnancy.

and planned parenthood does dispense the emergency contraceptive morning after pill

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I say both pills are the way to go. The problem I have with abortion is the later term stuff. The pills should be kept in the dr. office and a woman can take care of her business herself. Now a woman six or seven months pregnant who gets an abortion because the child may be special needs bothers me deeply. There is a compromise for just about everything if you have an open mind. Now to save the mother's life is diffrent and that's between the woman and her God.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

it appears a deal has been struck. 38 bil in cuts, expected to actually be passed into law this week.

Federal shutdown avoided, 2012 budget fight looms - Yahoo! News

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The morning after pill does not prevent conception. It prevents the embryo from implanting on the uterine wall. It truly is an abortion pill.

5. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Then this pill should make a traditional abortion obsolete.

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Compromise is the lubricant of legislation. Hard to achieve anything without it. As it turned out we got a $38 billion cut in the budget. Not bad. I thought we should have started with a request for a $100 billion cut; we would not have gotten the $100 billion, but we might have gotten more than the $38 billion. However, it was a good compromise. Each had to give up something and each got something it wanted. All said and done, it is a win for the GOP.

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

If we would have got 60 billion in cuts I would say it was a GOP win. With 38 billion in cuts I would call it a push.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Not bad for a few months in....

Just starting up!!:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa:usaflagwa

9. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

In this game, a push is still a win. Any kind of cut is a step in the right direction. Now on to the bigger battle with the 2012 budget, and it is going to be a fierce one.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I call 38 billion a rounding error.