May 16th

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

We need a new constitutional convention where we find out what really is important and pass a balanced budget amendment where we can not spend one dollar more than we take in in taxes minus ten pecent. That ten percent would go to the national debt. No deficit spending at all except during war. Not war like were involved in now but an official declaration of war by congress. This has to be done. There is no way in hell democrats would agree to this. It would not leave enough money for them to buy votes with. We didn't have all this debt before ww2. Entitlements are going to bankrupt us all. Republicans are at fault also. The prescription benefit was not paid for. A balanced budget amendment would correct all of this. The liberals would not let this happen to save the country. They would rather bankrupt the country and blame it on republicans and the mean old corporations with all those dirty rich people. In the span of one lifetime we have dug this country in so much debt that we may have already ruined our kids future with all this debt. Our kids will be chinese slaves because of the debt produced by the nanny state liberals. That's my opinion red and I just made it up all by myself.:yelwink2:

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I know you are close to this issue, so I don't mean to be insensitive, but . . . how often does this really happen? Do you know?

To my knowledge, legal late-term abortions must involve the health of the mother. I also understand that some abortions have been conducted on fetuses with extreme birth-defect conditions like lack of a brain that makes it unlikely that a child would survive birth or only be able to survive on life support machines and not for very long. This prevents serious childbirth complications for the mother for a fetus that cannot survive.

But I'm not sure that it is legal to have a late-term abortion for elective reasons involving the health of the child if it is not a mortal condition.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That just isn't true. I'm liberal and I don't agree that we should just spend spend spend. The only difference between us is you want things cut that I think are crucial, and you want things cut that I think are crucial.

Why is it always the middle class and the poor that need to tighten their belt. It's time for the people who have benefitted the most over the past 10 years, to tighten their belt.

4. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

Like the U.S. government? Or are they exempt from the belt-tightening too?

5. LaSalleAve

Nope.

6. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

[​IMG]
    Whatchootalkinbout, Willis?:D

Agreed...

[​IMG]

7. LaSalleAve

yeah i f'd that one all up didn't i.

who influences the government though?

8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Well, to be honest I wasn't sure if you were making a joke that I just didn't get. I took a gamble and got lucky, thanks for the honesty.. lol

9. LaSalleAve

what good would I be if I couldn't point out my own stupidity at times. :D

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Must have just burned one , huh?