May change your mind about Bammers, check it out. They love us!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengaleze, May 29, 2003.

1. Bengaleze

Bengaleze Founding Member

2. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

It is hard to respect Bama, with all the crap going on there. The one reason they respect OU is because of all crap that went on in Oklahoma. They can see the crimson rising from the ashes, Shula will be the next Bob Stoops. The Two schools that I respect the least are the highest on the thier list.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I have said it 1000 times, 99 percent of the Bama fans I have met are great people who love the south, love football and love thier school. Everytime I have been to Alabama I have met and partied with nice people. Sure there are a few jerks in Alabama colors, but lets face it, we got ours as well.

I cheer for Bama when not playing LSU. Why, because like it or not they have a great history. They are a big part of our conferences success. A good Bama squad helps us all.
    I frequent that board, everyone there has been great. (Except for KFO)
    Anyway, I like Bama. Plus we have something in common, we dont like Tuberville.

You cannot bash many of their fans for thinking the sun is always shining. They live for Alabama and to them it can do no wrong. Really no different then us.

Geaux Tigers
    Roll Tide - Except accept against LSU

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I like Alabama football. It ain't the SEC without them. It's neither the players nor the fans fault that the AD hired a couple of dildos for coaches. We had an AD do the same damn thing recently.

I like Bama fans, they have style. They have some jerks on the internet, just like we do but they are pretty cool on the average when they come to town. They don't get upset when someone yells "Tiger Bait" at them, they just smile and give a counter-taunt. They've got swagger. If you taunt the weenie fans from Auburn or South Carolina they feel threatened, get their little feelings hurt, and cry foul.

5. CrimsonCabal

CrimsonCabal Freshman

LSU is no doubt my second favorite SEC team. I think it's the whole Purple/Gold French Royalty thing that LSU has going. :wink:

Watching Reed, Toefield, and Davey over the last few years has been a lot of fun. When you talk about people who respected and lived for the game, those guys immediately pop to mind.

6. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

I give Alabama credit for playing teams like UCLA(2001), OU(2002 and 2003), and Penn State(2004). It gives good exposure for the SEC, and earns respect for us all if Bama rolls them.

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I thought they might make you hate LSU after that game '01:shock: :shock:

I know Shaun Alexander fell down my list of favorite players after the NASCAR race he had in DV a few years back. I always thought the was good and still do, but after what he did to my boys'.....:cuss: :cuss:

8. CrimsonCabal

CrimsonCabal Freshman

Hub: We'll just take it as a given that I did NOT enjoy watching the 2001 Bama/LSU game. :dis: On the bright side, it has served as a wake-up call to the defense from then on.

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Well we did not have exactly the best time watching the LSU vs Bama game in tiger stadium last year either.

at least you scored...

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Alabama has a lot to be proud of.

The recent problems have nothing to do with the fans and players.

Alabama has an amazing tradition, and nobody can take that away from them.