May change your mind about Bammers, check it out. They love us!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengaleze, May 29, 2003.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Re: Alabama has a lot to be proud of.

The NCAA is trying like hell.

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Alabama is great.

But they cannot match the Glory of our Imperial Purple and Gold Centurions in their Invincible Fighting Tiger Armor.

:geaux:

:lsug:

3. chuck

chuck Founding Member

Texastigers . .you think our players are classless . .in the last 2 years bama has had one player arrested for Armed Robbery, one for DUi and another suspended for Drug use. Auburn hasn't had one player in trouble since 1999 - also Tuberville's first year.

You guy's dislike for Tubby and Auburn - especially when they are one of the only SEC teams this off season who didn't have an arrest, suspension, grade casualty, etc. . just flat out cracks me up.

yeah, all those players shaving their head bald to donate it to children with cancer and those guys spending hours at local elementary schools really displays the lack of Auburn class . .lol.

4. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I guarantee, that even if every game for the next 10 years goes like last year (i.e. - you can not find ONE dang thing to complain about) you guys would still be talking about how classless Tubby is . .

1) Who is the coach who dogged your coach out last season?
    2) Who is the coach who left their starting qb during the 4th quarter of a blowout only to see him go down for the season?
    3) Who is the coach who kneeled on the ball inside the 5 to run out the clock?

5. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Chuck,

I have been drinking so pardon me if I can't read. Who said what about Auburn above to make you postal? I don't see the word Auburn anywhere. I do see "we don't like Tuberville" but that doesn't seem like postal material.

6. chuck

chuck Founding Member

It was a post by texastiger (who I enjoy sparring about Tuberville with emmensely) . .on the thread at bama mag.

Plus you can skim through this board and find a negative comment about CTT on any thread that mentions Auburn.

Especially my new favorite poster . ChuckE . who has decided that CTT is the type to probably turn his back if one of his player sexually harasses or rapes a woman. . . .

sorry, that just got my dander up a bit.

7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Chuck. We can't abide Auburn because

they stole our name: Tigers. Why can't Auburn just be happy to be Plainsmen?

Why pick the name "Tigers" when Auburn will never, ever be the original Tigers?

LSU's Tigers go way, way back. Much further back than Auburn's Tigers.

Change the name and we'll discuss calling a truce.

I can't stand the fact that another SEC team stole our name.

:cuss:

How in the heck did Auburn get to be named Tigers, anyway?

8. Latide97

Latide97 Founding Member

Jean Lafitte I think I speak for most people when I say that when I think of tigers I think of LSU. Maybe because I am from La. When I think of Auburn I think of "war eagle" and plainsman. Yall got AU beat with "Geaux Tigers"

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I have no problem with the PlainEagles football team, they play hard and they win a lot of games. I have no problem with Chuck defending his coach, although he's wasting his time.

Chuck, I enjoy your football insight, but you really don't come here and expect to see any kudos for Tuberville, do you? We will always loath The Tube.

10. chuck

chuck Founding Member

Auburn was nicknamed "The Tigers" because of a poem called by Oliver Goldsmith. The line was something to the tune of:

"Where tigers wait to pounce on their hapless prey," or something like that.

Ya'll's Tigers came from a Civil War Division . .is that accurate?

BTW - I don't expect you to necessarily like Tuberville, b/c he coaches a rival - but to accuse him of things like condoing rape and sexual harassment is WAY over the line.