Maybe Muack Should Go To Dentist School...We Need Russell!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geaux5000, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

Wow. What insight! What intelligence! I've never seen an analysis like this. I think we should hire you as our coach. With football knowledge like that, we can't lose.
    :geaux:

2. BigSabanFan

BigSabanFan Founding Member

Mauck Sux? Bench Mauck??

Mauck had an off day but we can not pin it all on him.

If we bench Mauck then we can put Russell in. When he has a bad game (or after is 2nd loss of his career) we can put Flynn in to take his place. When he fails we can put Shyrone Carey in (he was a HS QB) when he makes a mistake we can put Randall in there.

A 5-1 team does not need to panic when your QB throws for 200 yards in a loss. I think we sould be more concerned about our non-existant running game. My money is on Mauck following this loss up with a much better game.

I bet Saban motivates the whole team to have a much better game.

#10 with plenty of time to move up.:D

3. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

I just knew we would hear this from somebody. Our proven starting quarterback has a "bad" game and we need to pull him out now and replace him with an untested true freshman. So typical. Hey, maybe we should fire Saban too.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Last summer we were all predicting LSU would be a top-10 team, finish 10-2 or 9-3, and go to a BCS bowl. Well, we are right there. This is a good team and we are going to have a fine season. And Matt Mauck is going to get us there.

We all bitch and moan to blow off steam and frustration, but I still feel good about this team.

5. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

I think that is a great idea. Replace a QB that is 10-2 as a starter plus a championship game, that we were behind when he entered the game, which makes him 11-2, with a QB that is 3-4 in all his starts. A QB is only as good as his teams ground attack. The difference in this season and last season is teams must respect the fact that we can some what throw the ball. Last year Randall couldn't throw effectively. This year, the OL can't seem to run block consistently. Now we're down to a red shirt freshman RB & two true freshman rb's. Two of those cant seem to play a game without a fumble. I believe Matt & the team will bounce back. It's time for some BBQ chicken!

6. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Gee wanky...uh danky, you bring such insight and intelligent posts to the board. What did we ever do without you?!?:cuss: :cuss:

Wha.....huh...did someody say FAIRWEATHER fan?:shock:

7. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

...and you 've been following the team how long?!?!? At least spell the name right!:cuss:

10-2 as a starter and you want to replace him with an unproven true freshman? I'm glad you're not our coach. Tommorrow you'll be calling for Saban's job I guess?!?:dis:

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have seen Joe Montana, John Elway, Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, Roger Staubach and Terry Bradshaw play bad games too. It happens to everybody at one time or another. Peyton Manning has played near perfect football for the last 3 weeks but he didn't look too good today. Maybe the Colts should trade him for Aaron Brooks.

9. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

I was gonna reply to this but I think there has been nuff said.......

10. TNT

TNT Founding Member

YEAH RIGHT!!

Mauck has qb'd to a 10-2 record. I guess you think he should run the routes too. Get a clue Sir.

Mauck is not perfect but he's the best thing we have had in a while. Should we dawdle, like we did with Davy Booty etc, until somebody learns the playbook? I guess it's all about running "lickety split"...and "doing pelvic tilts in the end zone" huh? As I said.....YEAH RIGHT!!