Mayweather-Pacqiaiu

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bengal B, May 2, 2015.

1. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

So was Iron Mike.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I wanna see Tyson now vs the 137 lber. Hey ufc used to be no weight classes and was the baddest shit id ever seen when it began. Let's see washed up Tyson vs the runner. Or put him against the ufc fighter who keeps calling him out.

Hagler hearns 1 was the best 6 to 9 mins of fighting I've seen if we're taking boxing

fanatic and shane0911 like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Here you go, the ending sucks as the crowd will tell you

Best thing about it, it was free. Probably worth $200 on PPV but you will never see stuff like this again.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

again, FREE.

This is why I wont pay to watch FM dance

5. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Well I guess I can't ever be accused of being a cheap date.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

There's no more American fighters hence lack of interest. At least no heavyweights which drive the sport here. All the best fighters are now in mma.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would take that bet but boxing being what it is the script may call for a controversial win by Pacman to set up a third fight. P.T. Barnum was right when he said "There's a sucker born every minute."

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I paid $35 to watch that one at the Centroplex and it was worth every penny.

tirk likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It was very boring, and that was the 1st fight I've ever watched of mayweather's. I figured Pacquio had a better chance to beat him than anyone else if he could knock him out early, but assumed it would be just like it turned out. I bootlegged it too, no way I was paying for that garbage. The first 2 fights were way more entertaining.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

To me, Marvelous Marvin Hagler is one of the most underrated champions in the history of boxing. Tremendous champion. He only lost 3 fights out of 62, avenged 2 of those losses and got robbed (Leonard) on the other. He also defended his title an unheard of 29 times and just about all of his fights ended with him knocking out his opponent.

I used to love Ray Leonard, but he fought with a similiar style as Mayweather in his fight Hagler, except he was more flair and fluff than boxing. He'd dance around the ring, then throw a flurry of pillow soft punches that wouldn't hurt my 8 yr old daughter, right at the end of the round. The 'oos and ahs' of the crowd influenced the judges, who gave him a split decision win. Where I lost respect for Leonard is when he refused to give Hagler a rematch. I understand why he didn't, but he was still a pussy for not doing it.

tirk and shane0911 like this.