Mayweather-Pacqiaiu

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bengal B, May 2, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

No one could touch it though. I'll say this, he is the best pound pound I ever watched live. I never got to see Ali or Frazier live, Foreman was old, Tyson was an animal, but he wasn't a smart fighter.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Enjoy... Roy would have KO'd Mayweather in round 4.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Sean O'grady?

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

"Irish" Mickey Ward? Fought Gatti x 3.

5. fanatic

Exactly right. Rooney was the last hold over from his days with Cus and Jimmy Jacobs. Rooney was never intimidated by Tyson because he'd known him since he was a kid. As such, he wasn't afraid to tell Tyson what he needed to hear, not what he wanted to hear, which is exactly what happened with all of the 'yes' men King surrounded him with. Once Jacobs and D'Mato (sp?) passed away and Tyson fired Rooney, it was all down hill from there.

tirk and shane0911 like this.
  6. fanatic

I always like RJJ too. Felt sorry for him the way he got royally screwed in the Seoul Olympics. He dominated that Korean opponent, but the partisan judges gave Roy's gold medal to the home town kid. I'll never forget how sad Jones was. To train so hard and so long for something, then knowing you beat your opponent but having the medal stolen from you by crooked judges was tough.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

From what I've heard the refund for the fight as well as the Korean kid both told Jones that he should have won.

Turns out the 3 judges were sort of given a little special night out on the town a day or so before the fight. Crooked ass IOC still wouldn't reverse the decision.

8. fanatic

Forgot to add that once Tyson fired Rooney, he got away from everything Cus taught him - the 'Peek a Boo' style. bobbing/weaving and body shots to wear down your opponent. He got full of himself and started looking for the 1 punch knock out every fight.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Exactly right, he had virtually no lateral movement after leaving Kev. Guess he didn't realize this is what opened up so many of those shots he got to take. Sad really, that kid was a beast.

fanatic likes this.
  10. fanatic

Shudda/cudda/wudda gone down as the greatest of all time had he not fallen victim to first a gold digger, then a snake oil salesman.

Last edited: May 9, 2015