McDonalds All American Game On ESPN At 8 Tonight

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Apr 1, 2015.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I think Tyrus redshirted his freshman year. Big Baby was a notable recruit, similar to Bass. Didn't Baby and Bass play together for one year?

Simmons being #1 overall is different if he lives up to the hype. It reminds me of the year Shaq and Kenny Anderson were co-#1 recruits.

Blakeney's youtube videos also create a new age buzz. I feel like I know him better already than any other LSU athlete during their time in school (and he's not even on campus yet).

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Yes they played together, lost to uab horribly in rd 1.

Shaquille wasn't as big a deal as Simmons. Cj and Roberts took a lot of the headlines. I still remember going to fan day and not being able to easily get to cj and Roberts for signatures, so I settled for Shaquille.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't know if I agree with that. Shaq was quite a story during his recruitment, quite a personality, and quite a body from the beginning. His performance at the McDonalds game had Dick Vitale in a frenzy, calling him "The Real Deal."

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well looks like Bama is tired of being a 1 trick pony, they went out and are trying to buy a basketball championship too with the Avery Johnson hire. I used to have respect for Avery, he can Geaux fuck himself now.

5. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I seem to remember them being pretty good in the late 80s and early 90s, going deep into the tourney. I used to love watching Dale and Wimp on the respective sidelines and their antics.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

It's certainly a household name, but connections mostly to NBA. How will he handle recruiting for the first time? At least it's only 13 roster spots to fill out, so learning curve not as dramatic as football coaches have.

Brian likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

They had the Robert Horry, Latrell Spreewell team. Thats all I remember of them ever being good.

8. LaSalleAve

I don't like that he has ties to DFW, and New Orleans. I mean DFW is a Mecca for basketball. Hell Fort Worth Dunbar and Dallas Carter seem to always have superstars year in and year out.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i dont know either. but it was a different world. no internet and cnn was only a toddler. but i do know that he had the shortest line of the 3 at fan day.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i dont think bama has ever made the ff. even back when every one in the sec was making it--uk, uf, ark, msu, lsu, uga.