McElroy Getting Prank Calls From LSU Students

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 5, 2009.

1. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

And it seems like the TD is always in the North End zone...:shock:

2. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

Get real people. Does anyone actually believe that LSU students have easy access to anyone's cell phone number? They are the only college students that posses this capability? They are the only ones that would ever stoop to pulling such a stunt? So the may have gotten lucky and got Tebow's digits a couple years ago and made some calls. Now it seems as if anytime LSU faces a big name player in a big game LSU students get accused of making prank calls. I'm calling BS

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Yeah...right at the student section :dis:

4. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Who else would be making prank calls to big name players that we happen to be playing that week? There's a reason those players phone numbers are being sent around to most LSU students through mass texts and facebook and everything. I haven't really heard of any other fan bases doing things like that either.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

LSU students are smarter than everyone else don't ya know.

6. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

They did it to Urban this year, we lost.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I was just commenting on what the radio show was talking about, and hoping for the same results. Given all the other examples of when it happened, I would say it's not a good idea, the overall outcome has been a loss for the Tigers. Besides that fact that it is really childish and looks bad for the LSU fan base.

8. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I am stunned that so many Tiger fans accept this as the truth....

Senior linebacker Cory Reamer thought that junior quarterback Greg McElroy might have started getting some crack calls earlier this week, which has become an LSU tradition for opposing quarterbacks. "I think Greg had some blocked calls today," Reamer said Tuesday, adding, "I doubt they'll be calling me. If they call anybody, I'm sure there's a few other people they have on their list. They'll be after Greg, I'm sure."

But this is heresy...just like what was reported before the UF game.

I agree that is is possible. And clearly I don't want it to be true. But there is NO PROOF! It is just media reports.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

lol snarl.... It's true. It has happened and is happening. It's not just media reports.

10. Kurtis Bleaux

Kurtis Bleaux Founding Member

Ya its about 25%

They wrote about this on the Sporting News...

Maybe LSU Fans Should Try Telemarketing With Greg McElroy

Wednesday, November 04, 2009
    Posted By Andy Hutchins 12:00 PM
    [​IMG]On the heels of acquiring Tim Tebow's phone number in 2007 (and winning), taking Knowshon Moreno and AJ Green's numbers in 2008 (and losing), snagging John Parker Wilson's digits last year (and losing), and getting in touch with backup John Brantley this year (and, uh, losing), LSU fans are trying the same trick with Alabama's Greg McElroy, seemingly.
    It appears that LSU students and fans are living up to their reputation and appear to be targeting Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy (and probably a few other Tide players) with cell phone calls and text messages on a big game week. "I think Greg had some blocked calls today," Crimson Tide linebacker Cory Reamer said after practice today. "I don't know what that was about, but my phone has not rang (sic), thank goodness. I won't be changing my number this year."
    Look, the combined score of the four games that these shenanigans have preceded so far is 116-84 in favor of the "Tiger Bait," and LSU's 1-3 in those games, so it's not as if this has been highly successful. In this incredibly irresponsible linkage based on a tiny sample size, phoning players actually seems to have a negative effect on the other team, as long as its secondary isn't staffed by Jacques Rickerson.
    If so, why not go from leaving harassing messages to throwing opponents off their game with the unexpected? Leave mock telemarketing messages. Text factoids about Three's Company. Make the players laugh instead of rolling their eyes. Kill 'em with kindness. Switch it up. Make Cory Reamer wish he had had his number swiped.
    It would be the sort of subtle subterfuge that might actually disrupt a player's preparation, rather than the vitriol, through the phone or in a stadium, that probably sounds the same and is easy to dismiss. And it would be clever. I like cleverness.