McNabbb post game comments

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by meauxjeaux2, Sep 18, 2007.

1. meauxjeaux2

meauxjeaux2 Founding Member

Did I just hear right that Donavan McNabb said that philly fans are racist because they boo'd him?Said if he was a white qb the reaction would have been different!What about rex grossman last year?I don't think I've ever heard a qb get boo'd more than that.:angryfire

2. meauxjeaux2

+1:thumb:

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

McNabb is a big fan of the race card. He plays it whenever the heat's turned on, and it rarely is. Non-Philly fans have long given this guy a pass, for fear of appearing like the idiotic statements of Limbaugh. There's no denying the fact that he's rarely held accountable for his failures, and they are many.

This guy has made a career of being an OK QB that folds in the big moments. Yet, they count "five" pro bowls, even though that means less and less as guys back out and the NFC goes in the crapper.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the only thing i'll say on his behalf is that he hasnt had a decent #1 or 2 WR outside of the partial season with T.O. (and that season they did much better)

5. meauxjeaux2

Is there really any reason for a multi-million dollar quarterback in the nfl to play any card,much less the race card?Guess sharpton and jackson are gonna be heading to philly right after they leave jena:shock:

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Where did you hear that? I watched his post game press conference and I don't remember hearing anything to that effect. Maybe I missed it but I didn't hear it.

7. meauxjeaux2

I heard it on collin cowherd show today.They discussed it for a while.

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Here is what he said:

McNabb Tells HBO Black Quarterbacks Face More Criticism in NFL

By Erik Matuszewski

Sept. 18 (Bloomberg) -- Donovan McNabb of the Philadelphia Eagles said in an HBO interview that black quarterbacks in the National Football League face more criticism and pressure than their white counterparts.

``There are not that many African-American quarterbacks, so we have to do a little bit extra,'' McNabb said in an interview with James Brown that's scheduled to air tonight on HBO's ``Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel.''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=aPEUIY4oMFaU&refer=home

Makes about as much sense as saying white running backs in the NFL face more criticism and pressure than their black counterparts. Racism is alive and well in this country but million dollar athletes just need to play their posisition and have no business raising it without any justification. Donovan McNabb's best days are behind him and the Eagles haven't helped him personell wise. That is the truth. Alleged extra pressure on Donovan McNabb b/c he is a black QB in the NFL is not the reason the Eagles haven't gotten off to a good start.

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

McNabb is an idiot for saying that and believing that. The Eagles have done NOTHING to help him in the receiving department but he hasn't done much to endear himself to the critics. He's been an average QB at best and his comments were obviously made outside the post game press conference. This HBO info confirms that because he definitely didn't lay the race card down in what I saw. Regardless, its a sorry way to point the finger for his crappy performances.

10. meauxjeaux2

I heard those comments too,but there was something said about the way people respond to him loosing,they wouldn't do if it was peyton manning,or some other white qb.Anyway,yep it was pretty sorry,but I'll just move on.