Meanwhile in Florida

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by shane0911, Sep 3, 2015.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Man I joke about most anything but losing a 2 yr old is just sickening. And watching it go down. How do you shake that visual.

I dont know how anyone finds it in em to make light of that situation. I think I woulda drowned trying to save my kid. Im going in and likely going down with the gator and my child. Im almost sure of it. they said 4-7 footer so there was a 1% chance.

uscvball and shane0911 like this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Read this on Facebook and I'm going to copy and paste it here. It was written in response to the Disney tragedy, but it seems to me it can be a commentary on the general lack of civility on the 'net:

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

that is well stated and said subject needed to be put in perspective which helps clarify what we've become. a pile of shit do nothing people who sit back and criticize any of those who actually do. either get busy living or get busy dying.

btw we arent piling on you bb, just a subject that needed to be broached on every corner of the interwebs.

uscvball likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I wasn't even thinking about bb....I'm thinking about the pos's that seem to troll every public comment section and can't wait to criticize and enflame every situation.

uscvball likes this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

There is literally no force on the planet that keeps me out of that fight.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The father tried but still couldn't save his son. They said the gator was 4 to 7 feet. Big difference. I might be able to fight a 4 footer long enough to lit a kid get away but a 7 footer would probably get us both

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Remember the story about the kid at Gulf Shores who got his arm bitten off by a shark? His uncle wrestled the shark up to the beach and the recovered the arm and doctors sewed it back on. That was maybe 16 or 17 years ago. I never heard an update about whether he recovered full use of his arm.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Like @tirk said, I'm going in I don't care if it's 4' or 24' no way I just stand there. Yes I know the dad went in. Maybe he didn't eat enough breakfast who knows. Just saying, I become a gator wrassler if it grabs my kids.

9. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

No doubt...

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Parenting is a constant opportunity to fuck up. The best intentions still sometimes yield horrible results. I learned very early that every time I ever criticized another parent, it was only a matter of time before my own children proved what an idiotic parent I could be. There but for the grace of God go I.

mctiger likes this.