Meanwhile in Florida

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by shane0911, Sep 3, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

See what I mean...must be something in the water

2. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's spending too much time in the sun that bakes their brains

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

'Vile' Smelling Algae as Thick as 'Pea Soup' Clogs Up Florida's Waterways
    https://gma.yahoo.com/vile-smelling...-floridas-161838452--abc-news-topstories.html

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

shane0911 likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

This is sad for the family and I'm sure the father is crushed. However there is so much wrong that the father is responsible for. He flouted the basic rules of gun safety. Why did he have his finger on the trigger when he wasn't pointing it at the target, or why didn't he take it out of the guard when he tried to remove the shell case from his shirt? Why were the children so close? At a shooting range there should be a barrier keeping shooters clear. This wasn't an accident it was negligent homicide.
    This is so basic and too many are ignorant or ignore the basic rules of firearm safety and pay for it. This is NOT a reason for gun control. It is a reason to demand gun owners and users understand the rules of safety and good gun ownership. If we don't follow them we invite those who want to push for legislation that restricts our right.
    We are not all Dirty Harrys nor do we need to be. I'm against laws forbidding open carry but think there is rarely the need for it and good judgement is required when used. Remember carrying a gun isn't liciense to be a tough guy but puts the burden of using restraint and judgement. Every time it's worn there is the potential to kill someone. That's a heavy responsibility and one we should all remember.

shane0911, LSUTiga and COTiger like this.
  8. LSUTiga

I agree with you completely.

I carry, have another in the truck, one by the bed and three more stashed between my bed and each pathway they'd have to make me go if I were taken out at gunpoint. Still, I PRAY I NEVER have to use one. I'm not sure if I could but fairly certain I would- especially if my family's lives were endangered.

I worry I would wait too long thinking I could resolve any conflict otherwise. The older I get though, the less I feel capable of relying on Pete & Re-Peat, the buzz saw twins. :D

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Man, where in the world do you live where you think you need that many weapons?

10. LSUTiga

Nah, all I need is ONE. I just want to make sure I can get my hands on it if I need.

BUT, where would you think it's safe enough to live and NOT need access to a gun? It's gotten to where no place is immune. My sister-in-law lives in a nice neighborhood in Houston area. Few weeks back the wife was there and, returning to sis-in-laws house the streets were barricaded. Some nut went on a shooting spree. They were shocked. Tiga's gonna be ready. :D