Media starting to turn on Negatigers & Minion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Oct 27, 2014.

1. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

I'm reading all of these comments and the negative ones just don't makes sense and are based on feelings rather than facts.

I get frustrated with what seems to be the annual "what was he thinking" event. But then, when I think about the fact that we've been to the NCG in 2007, 2011 and looking (I acknowledge that this is a feeling) like we're building toward another run in 2015, the question becomes who else besides Saban has had more success? Oh, and don't forget that Saban has had his mind farts as well like last year's doozy against Auburn, so "Coach Perfect" isn't perfect.

The expectation that we'll play in the NCG (playoffs) more than once every 4 years on average is just unrealistic for ANY coach, especially in the SEC West.

Just the facts, ma'am.

red55, Winston1 and billman1167 like this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Rhetoric.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You are ignoring the clock management boo boos of Richt. He is in a close second place

4. LaSalleAve

Saban?

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

All coaches at one time or another have their clock management meltdown moment, including Saban but Little Nicky doesn't make the same mistakes more than once.

6. LaSalleAve

Matt Jones and Drew Tate disagree with you.

lsu-i-like and StaceyO like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

On the drew tate one there was clear holding by one of their wr that wasn't called.

8. LaSalleAve

Doesn't matter, Miles would have gotten skewered for it, Saban isn't immune either.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Does any lsu fan really want to adopt the mantra of "there's always next year"? I'd prefer to hear that from ole miss fans.

I find it interesting as well that some supporters would have expected more sec championship appearances and NCG appearances three seasons ago, but don't bring that up in recent posts.

I seem to recall a every other year sec and every 4 year NCG expectation given by more than one Leslie supporter. Well it's been three now. Of course though that has gone by the wayside because it doesn't help your arguement of infatuation with your sweetie pie.

Jennings isn't going to get it done for you either, this season or next.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bitch, bitch, bitch.

LSU went to national championship games in 2003, 2007, 2011, and 2015 looks like a contender year. We call that "every four years". A perennial top-10 team averaging 10 wins a year, regular shots at a title, and getting top bowl games is not something I cry about. How long is the list of coaches who are doing better?

Les is not Curley Hallman, Mike Archer or Gerry Dinardo. He getting the job done.

titoabad1, StaceyO, gyver and 4 others like this.