Meet Paul George the moron

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Sep 11, 2014.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I don't see anything wrong with what he said, but then I'm in the minority when it comes to the kind of control your boss should have over what happens at home and in your personal relationships. I'm not advocating violence against women, but what business is it of Roger Godell's? The NFl doesnt give a shit either, which is why they did nothing until after the second tape was released and there was public outrage.

Enough peeking into the personal lives of pro athletes. Can we get back to football, please?

3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Because domestic violence is a felony offense like car jacking, theft, dog fighting......Just because it happens in the home behind closed doors (or closed elevator doors) doesn't make it a private issue.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

People have to realize that tweeting their thoughts is not private business. It is just like taking out an ad in the New York Times, only reaching more people. I don't even tell my closest friends everything I'm thinking, much less the entire Internet. Anyone that makes a tweet that they wouldn't want their boss to see or to see linked on websites all over the world is simply stupid.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. MLUTiger

Domestic violence can be both a felony and a misdemeanor and this most certainly was not a felony as there was no injuries and no history of violence between the two. As of now, it's an isolated incident and one that ended with their marriage. It was a heated argument in which both parties became physical with the other and it occurs 1,000's of times daily around the world with no one batting an eye. There were no serious injuries, no children were harmed, no lives were threatened. Yet, here we have a family who lost their income as a result of some gossip rag's ambition to get publicity and the NFL's overreaction to appear that they give a shit.

Yeah, it's a private issue and I'm watching the NFL for football, not a morality lesson.

6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Dude. He cold cocked her and knocked her out then pulled her knocked out body out of the elevator. Felony domestic violence.

7. MLUTiger

He was arrested for simple assault, not aggravated assault meaning no bodily harm was caused. It's a misdemeanor regardless of how bad it looks on camera. The charges were dropped later because it wasn't worth prosecuting.

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

And she then turned around and married him. I do not condone putting hands on a woman, but after being knocked out, regardless of how many times it has happened in the past, she then married him... imo if she enjoys being beat up then more power to her. It's her life and his. Let them be.

MLUTiger likes this.
  9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Nope. Regardless of what she chooses, society has to decide weather it is ok for a man to slobberknock a woman, especially in a public place. State should press charges regardless and they would do that to a lesser know person. Just because she thinks its ok to get spit and punched on doesn't mean we have to.

10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

And who are you to say what goes on in another couples relationship. And it wasn't in public, it was inside an elevator, where only those two and the camera knew what went on. Look it's real simple. He spit in her face, then knocked her out. I would think if she had a problem with such behavior she'd leave, but nope she didn't... she married him, she spoke out about it, and says you don't have that right. Case closed.