Meet Possible Candidate Tom Herman

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Same old argument. Bo Rein might have turned out to be great but we'll never know.

LSU was in the doldrums for so long because of Joe Dean. Great businessman but too cheap to pay for a name coach with a winning resume. Alleva has lots of faults but being too tight with LSU's money isn't one of them. I could be wrong but I pretty much believe that the new coach is already lined up. And he won't be working for peanuts

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You don't know that they are screwing it up. Yes, the early media attention is not good but if Fisher is really lined up and waiting Alleva will end up smelling like a rose. We will know shortly after Saturday. Happy Black Friday.

furduknfish likes this.
  3. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I also wonder about longevity. Would hate to do this again in a couple of years.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

not sure why people are still getting the history completely wrong about this, the 9 years after Mac was shown the door had as much success if not more than the last 9 years of the Mac era (including 3 Orange Bowl appearances). Joe Dean was a complete moron and unfortunately hired one of the three stooges (Curley).

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'd like that also. Not as old as you, but old enough to remember late 80s - early 90s.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

They haven't screwed up the actual hire, if the intention is to move on from Les, but in my opinion, the screw ups so far have been the BoS, specifically Anderson, flapping their gums to the media, then the leak from whoever about targeting Jimbo, the fact that they're apparently even targeting Fisher in the first place is a screw up, letting Les twist in the wind, ect ect. I'm sure there are a few more that can also be added.

All of these so far are starting to add up to a colossal clusterfuck that, at best, are causing people to 2nd guess the situation or at worst, make the job unappealing to viable candidates that have the potential for success here.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    kcal, didit and StaceyO like this.
  7. boweswi05

boweswi05 Senior Member

Herman seems like a good fall back choice if we aren't able to snag Fisher

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

And in those 9 years, LSU went through 3 head coaches. That is not good for the stability of the program. It was actually 4 coaches, but we cannot count Bo Rein. As a side note, wouldn't it have been interesting to see how Rein would have done?

We went to three orange bowls...and lost all of them.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

If we have to talk about "fall back" choices, firing Miles may be a big mistake. Maybe it won't be, but past history here and at other schools suggests we're not being very smart.

10. 15 NCandGoinStrong

15 NCandGoinStrong Senior Member

up and coming candidates

1) Tom Herman
    2) Kirby Smart
    3) Barry Odom
    4) Dan Enos
    5) Mike Gundy