Meeting set for Tuesday

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rwilliams, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Meeting set for Tuesday as per Detroit free press. On phone so I can't provide a link. Does anyone think that Alleva has started a search incase miles bolts? It would seam that LSU's situation would be diffrent than most. In almost every case a coach is fired and the team is in the dumps. LSU has a top recruiting class lined up ,a 11-2 season to work off of , talent remaining because this past team was very young. It would seam that some coaches would be sending out feelers. Why do you think they are waiting to do this? Miles knows if he is staying or going and waiting only hurts recruiting for both LSU and Michigan.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I would think that Alleva has been reaching out to possible candidates ever since the possibilty of CLM leaving came about. For those that have expressed a desire for CLM to be gone, you and all of the rest of Tiger Nation will have our answer within the next 24 hrs. The ink is all but dry on the contract, the question is is it LSU's or UM's?

Another thing is I don't think LSU's coach for the future appears on any of the wish lists that many have posted around here.

3. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Les Miles
    The LSU coach is scheduled to speak Tuesday at the American Football Coaches Association convention in Dallas, where a Domino's Pizza plane was spotted. (U-M athletic director Dave Brandon is on the board of Domino's, where he used to be CEO.) ESPN reported that a source told Derek Ponamsky of BayouBengalsInsider.com that he spoke to Les Miles' wife, Kathy, and that Kathy -- a former Michigan women's basketball assistant -- does not want the family to return to Ann Arbor. Late Saturday, ESPN said U-M had an interest in talking with Miles, who would give LSU 24 hours' notice before an interview and that hadn't happened yet.

Read more: Michigan coach search: Gruden, Miles, Hoke updates | freep.com | Detroit Free Press Michigan coach search: Gruden, Miles, Hoke updates | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I in no way want Miles gone and have never said that but crowton I have said should be replaced. If it takes making les one of the top three paid coaches in cfb than so be it.

5. dudley

dudley oops!

You know, it seems to me Michigan should have had a new coach all lined up before they fired their old one. It's almost like they've suddenly realized, damm we don't have a football coach and we're losing all our recruits, better hop in our plane and fly around the country and try to find one. Miles may use this as contract leverage but I don't think he's going anywhere. In a couple of days the gang that can't shoot straight will probably hop back in their plane and be off to someplace else.

6. LEGACY TIGER

That comment was not aimed at you. I agree that if LSU needs to do whatever it takes to keep him, hopefully that is what they've drawn up.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

FWIW I only see CLM leaving for Mich due to emotion and school ties. It has been said his wife and family don't want to leave. Also Les has strong emotional ties to the team and the area.
    Looking at the two jobs objectively there is no comparison. UM is a fire with no fireman. LSU is is one of the top 5 positions in the country.
    No prediction but if CLM doesn't let emotion rule there is no doubt about which is the best choice:LSU231:

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Agreed and glad. This is a situation that has a 'want' to be resolved ASAP for everybody's best interests.

Your last paragraph increased my pucker factor; because of your uncanny knack for being right.:geaux:

9. LEGACY TIGER

It will be emotion that plays a very hig role in his decision. He is caught in a love triangle of sorts. Love for his UM ties, love for LSU, and love for his family. It will be decided largely due to a love he has had for most of his life.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No way that could have anything to do with it. If he leaves it will be because the grass tastes better in Ann Arbor.:rolleye33: