Meeting set for Tuesday

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rwilliams, Jan 10, 2011.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

If and when I get things right I would consider it shared uncommon knowledge, not unkanny. wink wink.

2. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

That alone could kill the deal:popcorn:....​

2 people like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Some ESPN guy needs to come out right now and say Les has agreed to go to Michigan.....

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Notice Herbie hasn't said a word, he's avoiding the situation like the plague. Can't wait for that hog Jimella the whalla to say Miles lied no matter which place he chooses.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Ugh, I forgot about her, she should have been cleaned up off a toilet seat, not injected into her mother's fallopian tubes.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

The UM insiders don't seem very confident that they will get Miles as of this morning compared to past days. Also saying that the reports of Harbaugh getting offered $5M was not likely and was much less than that. Still holding out hope that they get a face-to-face with Miles. Also saying that a name that has not been mentioned up to this point could pop up soon.

As of last night current players and recruits are still hearing Miles is staying. Also sources close to Miles are saying the same.

As we know everything can change at the drop of a hat but not as much smoke as I expected to this point.

7. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

Jordy talked a lot about being in the locker room after the game. He said being in there from what he said to the players and coaches, he truly believes he is staying but is being extremely respectful of Michigan.

Went on to tell of a one on one with Chavis near the bathroom in the locker room where Miles said: "You with me next year Chief?" To where Chavis replied "I'm ready let's go!"

After what Miles said to the players, and with the reports that the Frank Wilson was telling recruits yesterday that he was returning...leads me to believe he is staying.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I think the point of not wanting to show any disrespect to Michigan by outright turning them down, might be a very valid point. I don’t think that the way that Harbaugh did it can be looked at as he turned them down, he just said yes to a new job before they could really start to discuss him coming there.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least that LSU and the powers that be have been burning the midnight oil to put together a new package for Miles and possibly some of his assistants, obviously to sway him to stay. If Miles agrees to a new contract with LSU before Michigan has a chance to talk to him then he won’t have to tell them no, he will have just said yes to LSU first. That way he doesn’t have to embarrass Michigan nor does he have to burn that bridge.

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Something I am thinking about... He is 57. His next contract may be his last. Most coaches don't coach past retirement age. While he has the best job in the land here, maybe he wants that last challenge before retirement.. and at his alma matar no less.

10. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

I've been saying a similar thing. Miles is 57, has been here 6 years with a tremendous record and a NC. He's made millions. He absolutely is very happy here, as is his family, I truly believe he loves LSU and his team. However, maybe he'd think about going to his alma mater, signing for many more millions, and take a shot at success for 3-5 years. If he fails, he's over 60 and can retire to his family with millions. If he's successful, he's a proven winner at multiple schools, he's brought his alma mater back to relevance, and can continue or retire at his choosing.