Mel Kiper on the Tony Korheiser show....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu nut, Nov 21, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That was the Indy GM. He punked Kiper publicly and Kiper took it like a little girl.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Another sign the apocolyse is near. We have to beat Ole Miss to prove ourselves worthy of elite status.

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I hate Mel Kiper. I hate his college football analyses, his recruiting analyses, and his NFL Draft analyses.

The man values nothing but raw, physical talent. Heart doesn't matter to him. Brains do not matter to him. Team chemistry, sacrifice, determination, do not matter to him.

He only cares about size, strength, speed, leaping ability. He only cares about bicep measurements and 40 yard dash times.

Since that's all he cares about, and all he evaluates on, he is frequently wrong. If a player is under a certain height, weight, or speed, he'll just completely dismiss them out of hand, not even giving him the chance. Zach Thomas and Ryan Leaf have been brought up. Zach Thomas is a bit undersized, but he's one of the top middle linebackers in the NFL. He is an intense hard-hitter, a born leader, a guy who's motor is always running. Then there is Ryan Leaf. Because Ryan Leaf is 6 foot 6, 235 pounds, and can throw a ball really hard, really fast, with a pretty spiral, because he IS the perfect physical embodiment of the proto-typical drop-back passer, Kiper loved him, and anointed him a great one before he had even thrown an NFL pass. We all know what happened with both of them.

Raw physical talent alone will not make you great. Give me a team full of character guys, with heart, determination, camaraderie, and a burning desire to win, and I'll crush Kiper's team of genetically superior specimens anyday.

4. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

Mel is just mad because when Game Day was here before the Georgia game I go said "hey Mel" he looks over and I go "F&*% You" so he's taking it out on them haha.

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

How can the "most over-rated team in the nation" get such little respect/attention for all but the last 2 weeks of the season???

Seems like TCU is more "over-rated" than what we are.

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

C'mon, tell the TRUTH.
    Did you really do that?
    If so, what was his reaction?
    That's too damned funny.