Members of Congress Have Asked Pres. Obama to Remove Marijuana from Schedule 1 Classification

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Cajun Sensation, Feb 12, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Genesis 1:12

2. LaSalleAve

The GOP money is with evangelicals though.

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Part of the problem also lies in the fact that a good portion of the House and Senate are old seated members that still cling to the Pot is bad mantra... and until we get these old stubborn "we know whats better for you" minded legislators out of office, little ground will be made on this front.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

there's a lot of money in the word of God

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

If LA was smart and followed the CO model, this state could push much needed revenues in to our state public school system, road ways, and social programs that are badly depleted right now. The tax revenue would be extroadinary and could be used for so much to better our already great state. Plus we'd save billions in legal and incarceration fees, along with strengthening the family unit. It's a total win win... the question is will LA lawmakers wise up?

6. LaSalleAve

Think of how much revenue New Orleans alone could generate if they had hash bars.

GregLSU likes this.
  7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

This is a pipe dream.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Well, even stubborn ol' peckerhead Jindal recently said that he'd support medical marijuana. Of course, he went on to say that it would have to be "tightly regulated", surely an affront to the ease with which "patients" in medical states get prescriptions. Still, I was surprised to hear him say that.

There were some pretty discouraging, yet not at all surprising, comments by some of the representatives that took part in the recent discussion to legalize it in Louisiana. One of them said something to the effect of, "I can't imagine legalizing a drug that's illegal", as if it's illegality is some intrinsic characteristic of the plant. I'll see if I can find the article. It gives you a very clear insight to just the sort of idiocy that these people have to cater to.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

What you did there...I sees it. :cool:

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Jindal may be a goose-stepping right wing ideologue, but he is not dumb. This is a "Party of Stupid" issue and Jindal knows it.