men basketball

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by phildman, Feb 24, 2005.

1. phildman

phildman Founding Member

next years commitments look pretty good

kentrell Gransberry
    Ben Voogd (PG, 6'2", 180)
    Magunm Rolle (6'11")
    Chris Johnson (6'10" 205)
    Tasmin Mitchell (6'6", forward)

tasmin is ranked #11
    Rolle is #37

ben voogd is averaging over 20 points

this group looks pretty good

and we have two red shirts Garrett Temple (6'4", guard)
    Tyrus Thomas (6'7", forward)

2. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

We still needed an impact 2 guard, and what is the deal with Rolle? I heard something about his academics? Is he going to be able to play next year because it looks like he could add some depth down low.

3. philter

philter Founding Member

I'm sure Brady will be back, I just hope he has finally learned how to get his team to play for him. The last two weeks have been good, but every team gets along better when they are winning...it's when we hit hard times that they fall apart.

I think Brady has not shown a consistent ability to impart effective knowledge unto his teams, in effect, he can't 'teach'. I think his coarseness impedes his ability to motivate them as well.

Having said that, if he will be back next year, I hope he has gotten ahold of this team somehow...because we have the talent to be a top 10 team next year.

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Those five have already signed. They are Tigers. They signed in November.

5. tina_mamon30

tina_mamon30 Freshman

yep they look pretty good to me:hihi:

6. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Agree with the general post that we have a bery good (not stellar but very good) class coming in. The #1 impact guy? Obviously Tasmin to fill Hud's spot. #2 guy? Ben VOOGD? I like what a read about the guy... a dude that works out on hoops for like 5 hours a day, can carry the team with his scoring (can hit the three) BUT would prefer to get his teammates involved and averages almost 7 assists a game, while scoring almost 28? He could be the surprise guy next year... especially, because I do agree that LSU sorely misses a consistent 3 point threat at the 2G. While Hud and Mitch are good close to 40% shooters from three-land, they're streaky as hell. When the Tigers can hit the three, they are balanced and they could be a top 10 talented team next year. When the shot's off, they can be neutralized by a good defensive scheme to shut down the inside. You look at the upper echelon and the top teams all have a legit three point go to guy. Pat Sparks from UK? Reddick from Duke? McNamara for the 'Cuse? Are these guys ever recruited that hard? I hope that guy for LSU is Ben Voogd (or, not to slight him, D.Mitch who steps up BIG in his Sr year).

On the recruiting front, tho', what scoop does anyone have on next year's class, b/c our guard rotation is going to be thin and Brady's going to have to do something he hasn't been able to do--land an impact (shooting) guard. We play next year with Tack, D.Mitch, G.Temple and Ben Voogd, and then we lose D.Mitch. Any clue who Brady/Butch/Nikita try to land with their three schollies next year?

Obviously, DJ Augustin and Dwight Lewis would be huge pickups, but are there any other good guards that are on the LSU radar screen? :confused:

About the only think keeping this team from being a perennial elite 8 or sweet 16 team may be the imbalance of the Tigers' backcourt in a couple of years...:grin:

7. phildman

phildman Founding Member

is garrett temple getting a scholarship???

8. TGer'nLHornLand

9. LSUweezie

LSUweezie Founding Member

10. TGer'nLHornLand

Thanks, that's a prospect I hadn't seen yet.

Did anyone see the LA Top 28 high school boys' tourney this week at the PMAC?

Any candidates (other than DJ Augustin) that LSU is interested in????

Tigers whip the other Tigers...

NOW THEY FACE THE 'CATS in a much deserved matchup!

:geauxtige