Men v. Wash St. 1pm Espn2

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Dec 26, 2008.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

could it be??? another damn strong team? :geaux:

2. clair

clair Rockets

not really. A win's a win.

I would have quoted that post but it'd have probably gotten deleted. :eek:

just kidding.

at least the 1st team to 50 won. :)

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

You're joking right? I was extremely excited with the hire, as were a few others. Maybe I'm just judging it by the basketball fans here at TF. The general public could probably care less about basketball much less the coach. :grin:

This win will be a good one come March. But, man, WSU simply fell apart at the end! I'm not suggesting that LSU didn't have something to do with that, but jeez, I'm not too familiar watching other teams implode like that unless it's LSU.

This game didn't really make me feel any better about the aTm, Nicholls, and McNeese games, though. LSU is starting to live or die by perimeter shooting. We NEEEEED some more inside scoring threats. Cough, cough--Martin--cough, cough. But, thinking in terms of progress, maybe those types of games will come in handy. You don't learn too much by blowing out your opponents. If we can dominate against USL, and at least look respectable at Utah, I'll feel a little better heading into SEC play.

Of course if LSU continues to nail its shots from outside, it may be a moot point being worried about their lack of an inside game. :)

4. clair

clair Rockets

people wanted Anthony Grant, because ESPN told them he was a good coach.

5. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

This team looks more disciplined and better coached. I had gotten used to seeing LSU play sloppy with lots of inexplicable turnovers, missed FTs, poor decision making. Not today. The team looked very good against a tough WSU team.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I was very excited about CTJs hire and look forward to continuing advances for the Tigers under his watch. It was great to see and cheer for LSU Basketball again today.

7. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Amen. I think there were several of us excited about this hire, and most true bball fans recognized that Trent was bringing a different caliber of basketball IQ to Tigertown. Let's also remember that Bennett himself (coach of WSU) was rumored as well as a young up and comer coach getting consideration as Brady's replacement. Eleven games into the season, what I've seen is I like CTJ's hire, big time. First, as you saw, LSU's defense is every bit at tough as a WSU signature defensive coached team. Plus, Trent has shown the ability to develop an offensive game around his talent on the roster. I've been pleasantly surprised with the development of Bo Spencer, and Garrett Temple, in his system. He's gotten Marcus to play D, and Tas', well, he was expected to be the constant. The younger guys are getting meaningful minutes.

With a healthy Garrett Green, we actually would have been considerably better on the frontcourt. But, as long as the team D is strong, we'll be able to at least hang with most teams. I agree that teams with true big men will hurt LSU, but I believe WSU has some bigs too. The game starts with guard play, and if you can get 13 steals and get the turnovers like LSU did today, you've got a chance.

Last point, remember that this WSU team handled another SEC team, Miss St, pretty well earlier this year. And, Miss St, is considered upper half of the SEC West. Our competition is stepping up, and LSU seems to be ready for the challenge. Let's hope they don't let this win get to their heads, and they keep hungry.

:geauxtige

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Agree with the sentiment over Johnson's hiring. I was surprised and happy about being able to get someone who had already established himself nationally.

9. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Are you the nut with the 00 jersey?

Excellent game. Dome was rocking at the end and the players were really feeding off it. Can't wait for SEC play. This should be a decent season.

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Good points! I forget about Green.