Men v. Wash St. 1pm Espn2

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Terrebonne95

Terrebonne95 LSU fan in Korea

Your post just made me ten times more excited than I already was. In most years in the past, once football season was winding down, I was in the "get ready for baseball while basketball blows it mode," but CTJ may have his squads in the NCAAs not only this year, but for years to come!

:geaux:

2. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Welcome to the Trent Johnson era boys. This team is probably outmanned by most SEC schools but Johnson will have them play tough, hard nosed defense and knock down some 3's. I look for us to hopefully go about about .500 in SEC play and win about 18 games. I think 18-12 with a win or two in the SEC and that should get us to the tournament.

3. Terrebonne95

Terrebonne95 LSU fan in Korea

I hope they're better than 8-8. I am hoping for 10-6 with 8 losses total on the season (guessing LSU will drop the game vs Utah).

4. Berge

Berge Founding Member

It's certainly a losable game, but Utah lost to Southwest Baptist (Div 2 school, and it may have been their first win against a Div 1 team ever), Idaho State, and Utah State.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

After the way this past football season ended, I'd be honored to watch hustle and overachievement at LSU whether we win , lose or draw.

Dale Brown's very first team at LSU in 1972/1973 did exactly that. They were known as the hustlers. They could be down by 20 points late in the second half and still be diving for balls going out of bounds. That was back when SEC basketball was all Kentucky and LSU was buried in the standings. I wish I still had one of those wanted posters he plastered all over campus. I also wish I had gotten to see Pistol Pete play in the cow palace.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Congratulations to the mens basketball team.
    Great win!

Btw, Can't you cajuns fatten up Chris Johnson.
    Seriously, it doesn't like he's gained any weight, I think he is the skiniest center to ever play at LSU!
    He could hide behind a flag pole not to mention they should restrict him from going outside when a wind advisory is given.:lol:

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

You should see him in person. I literally worry that his legs are going to shatter. They are so incredibly slender!

8. train

train Founding Member

I wish I still had one of those wanted posters he plastered all over campus.

Yeah, I can get you that poster... Mr. Temple was on that team...

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Yeah, that was the first game of the season when they lost to SW Baptist. I also remember that SWB made something like 15 threes while Utah missed about that many free throws. Utah is only 7-5 right now, and they play Gonzaga (one of the most overrated teams in NCAAB so far) on new years. Still, it's tough to go out west and play on someone else's court. LSU's only been in that situation once and it was a tough loss at aTm. A win against Utah would do wonders come March. Plus I think we'll do better than .500 in the SEC. With less than 10 losses on the season and wins against WSU, USL and hopefully Utah and Xavier, I think we could be about a 10 or 11 seed come tourney time. aTm loss really stung since our OOC schedule isn't too impressive.

RPI - LSU is 55, Utah 57, USL 251 (should go up a little once they start SBC,) Texas A&M 76, Nicholls 240, McNeese 212, WSU 37.

EDIT - Standford's RPI is 47 and they're 8-0, btw.

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31