Men v. Wash St. 1pm Espn2

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Dec 26, 2008.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

ala DeAndre Brown:shock:

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

My question is what kinda record will we have to have, once we start SEC play in order to become ranked in the top 25. The WSU game had to help our RPI, ESPN finally had the score as a headline. I think that is the first game of the season for that. Of course they didn't have much of a choice, it was on ESPN 2.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Anyone know the deal on Terry Martin? He didn't dress in either of the last 2 games. I didn't even see him at the WSU game.

4. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I didn't either. I have heard rumors that he left LSU.

5. jcnumberone

jcnumberone Founding Member

The Washington St. game was the second game in row that he was in street clothes... I heard from a "real reliable source" it was going to be four games total... I honestly do not know the exact reason why he is suspended, but if you read between the lines of Trent Johson's remarks after the first game he was in street clothes, he was complaining about how many minutes he has been getting so far this year...

It really is a shame, b/c if he hits his first couple of shots, it really elevates his whole game: he starts playing better defense and is capable of being that other scorer that we need... not to mention, he gives a quality, "damn strong quality," sub when one of the other starters is on the bench either resting, foul trouble, or whatever the case may be...

He unfortunately had this same problem with Coach Brady and I even heard the same thing about him at Texas Tech under Coach Knight... His dad coached him in high school, Richwood Prep out of Monroe... the same school that current freshman Storme Warren is from...

I like what I was hearing about the improved overall play of Bo Spencer and Marcus Thornton's much improved play on defense... With Bo doing what he has been doing, Marcus getting his points, Garrett getting five to 8 and his OUTSTANDING defense, JUST ASK REDDICK AT DUKE, and then the quality minutes we are getting from Quentin Thornton, Alex Farrer, Chris Bass who is Brandon Bass' little brother... we are in great shape to make a little noise this year!!!

BUT A HUGE FACTOR, POSSIBLY THE BIGGEST OF THEM ALL, IS TASMIN MITCHELL BACK ON THE FLOOR CONTRIBUTING IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! Defensively, getting the tough baskets on the inside, and being the emotional leader on the floor...

Let's just say that I am a little excited about what this team can do!!!!!

BTW, there is another sport besides football at LSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

All seems par for the course for TM. Sucks cause we can use some guard play. I don't think Delwan Graham is ready for the kind of minutes we are going to need from him.

We are still lacking guard play. Chris Bass is good to spell Bo, but he never shoots. He seems to have Charlie Thompsonitis when it comes to shooting. It is a must that Temple score 8-12 and that Q and Farrer can put in 10 combined for us to make any real noise.

Tas is everywhere, and is that jack of all trades we will need. I think he will get stronger as the year goes on, and nothing will help him more than an emerging Storm Warren. I Storm can give us 8-10 minutes to spell Tas it will help a bunch.

I just wish Chris Johnson would play with more consistency. When he is on he is on, but when he isn't you better hope Q brought his A game. We will need 10 or so points from him down the stretch.