Men vs WKU Game Thread 7pm

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Nov 17, 2009.

1. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

You know after watching the tape, though, I actually thought Green played a little bit better tonight. He rebounded the ball well and played a little bit more aggressively. He didn't press as hard, and had his opportunities. He missed a couple of chippies and needs to hit his free throws, but I thought he improved a little bit. If those chippies go down, he'll feel better.

Harris though clearly is finding his groove. The interesting thing is with Warren really being the "enforcer" down low, Harris is able to float around and not let his weight be a detractor. He has really used that length to throw down some slashing baskets--I love the dunks he gets at timely points in the game (esp that one late in the game against the 2-3 zone of WKU). Not quite where T-Train was from a defensive presence standpoint yet, but he's definitely got some potential. I like the fact that he can step out and hit some pretty deep jump shots too.

I actually think that the team needs to keep Tasmin engaged. He's the type of player that sometimes you have to get in certain positions to score and have to look for him. With Bo handling the ball though, it's easier for him to just score. Hopefully in NY on ESPN, Tas' will get some exposure that he deserves.

New York, New York. Love it. :grin:

2. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

AMEN brother. If you're a sports fan, and appreciate hard work, good fundamental play and playing to your potential, check out this squad. I love the fact that the younger players are developing before our very eyes. You think about what Bass, Harris, Warren have all shown us so far. Even kids like Ludwig, Kingsley and Dotson have been contributing.

UConn will be tough. They were played very close by Hofstra tonight and were down 6 or so with 5 or 6 minutes to play, so LSU has a chance. They are deep and very athletic though, so this will again be a situation where coaching and the players' ability to stay with a plan will make a difference. If LSU tries to go up and down the court with a team like Uconn watch out, their horses will prevail. But, if LSU can make Uconn play a disciplined game, keep the score in the 60s or lower, Uconn will feel the pressure and who knows. In any case, I'm just excited that LSU will be seen in the same place as Duke, UConn, Az St in Madison Square. These are small opportunities upon which to build your basketball program. This is a reward for last year's success, and you can't underestimate the exposure for both the NCAA resume come tourney time as you say AND for recruiting. Ultimately, this may be somewhat of a "rebuilding" year, but come season's end, these kids would have played in a LOT of higher profile non-conference games. They played WKU, will play 2 of the biggies in NY, have Utah, Xavier, and others before SEC play. Win or lose, LSU is building a base foundation for an elite program and gaining respect.

Keep it geaux-ing Trent and team! :thumb:

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

So you're saying I was wrong about Brady?:redface:

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

kinda like obama, to early to tell but looking good :thumb:

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I can't laugh at this joke. Too much is getting F**ed up.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Wow, had to work late.
    Glad the Tigers won and am looking forward to seeing them play next week!

7. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Nice win as I was kind of expecting a loss. WKU is a solid program. How about Warren? He has made tremendous improvement from his freshman year.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

"We should be going to New York," said Western Kentucky coach Ken McDonald, whose team is the pick to win the Sun Belt after returning four starters from a 25-9 team that came within a bucket of reaching the NCAA Sweet 16 last season.

"I'm very disappointed," McDonald said. "I felt like we were the best team in this pod. I don't back down from that. I'm extremely disappointed."

how bout that!

i like his bravado actually.

9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

It actually came off as a little petty to me, and I read all his post-game quotes. WKU had several opportunities to put the game away while Tas was struggling, Bo and Storm's shots weren't falling, and the D was half a step slow in transition and off the dribble, and still couldn't get the job done. Sorry to burst his bubble, but he better team is the one that comes away with the W.

10. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Kind of funny that the team that lost by nearly double digits is talking about lost opportunities to put the game away. :rolleye33: