Mens' Basketball Recruiting (2015-16)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Mar 27, 2014.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

dont forget that victor has applied to ncaa for immediate eligibility for medical hardship (his mother is sick).

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

looks like a good backup plan. obviously, the starting experience of JM2 would be better than Kasongo and Victor, but from the body sizes, pretty good replacements. wonder if Elbert Robinson will come around, too. lots of big bodies, and inexperience.

3. JABRoyJR

JABRoyJR Freshman

But, you mean that JM2 could return? Then it means that they have no intention of signing an agent ... do you know when it will be the last date to eventually withdraw from the draft?

And finally, here I refer you to an interesting article on LSU team

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

No, sorry, I didn't mean that. They are gone, I know. I meant that the better option would have been to have their experience. Instead, we are forced to scramble and bring in players with similar measureables, but w/o the experience. We'll be okay in the long-run, but it will definitely impact our NC title hopes next season. With JM2, NC next year would have been a definite possibility, IMO. Not so much now.

5. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

Are these kids in dire financial situations that it forces them to make bad decisions. Seems like many years and not just basketball that talented, yet immature players are walking away from their college experience for a chance at being drafted with no guarantees of guaranteed money. Seems really risky.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

There are a myriad amount of factors that play into their decision, the most important usually is that they no longer have to go to class and pass. These guys also are in touch with agents and managers from the NBA and Euro leagues. I'm pretty sure the market is pretty strong for players of their ability and while I wish both would have come back I can also understand why they would declare for the draft.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's not about a college experience to many of these players. College is simply a springboard to a shot a pro ball. Many of the players are not on track to graduate and a few are sometimes in serious danger of not passing at all.

I really think that there should be a minor league springboard for the athletic minded, just like baseball. Accepting a college scholarship should be a contract to play for four years and leave with a degree or very close to one.

ParadiseiNC and mctiger like this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Boy, that would sure take the star quality out of basketball, but the quality of play might improve if you weeded out all of the guys who are getting coached by AAU, travel ball and SportsCenter.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

im with red on this one. lsu should only be for those interested in getting an education.

basketball would still be a great product. you like lsu baseball dont you?

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Simply change it to be like baseball: You can go pro right out of high school. If you choose to go to college, you commit to three seasons.