Men's Basketball vs. #21 Memphis tonight on ESPN2

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger in NC, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

This team is going to be fun to watch this season. Last night we completely dismantled a pretty damn good St. Joseph's team that is filled with upperclassmen.

We are deep. Last night we rotated 10 guys in and out. And I'm not talking about 10 bodies either. We have 10 guys who can play ball, plain and simple.

We are long and rangy and dominate the glass. We are fast enough to apply good pressure. We shoot the three very well. We are disciplined and well coached.

Jerrel Martin is the real deal. This kid can shoot it, drive it, slam it, you name it. Jordan Mickey looks like a 30 year old man who has four years of NBA experience and combined with JOBIII, our frontcourt is nasty. Hickey and Stringer are playing lights out and the competition of newcomers seems to have been good for them both.

Johnny Jones has done a phenomenal job of putting this kind of team together in just 18 months time and I can't wait to see what's next as we already have another banner recruiting class lining up.

Will be DVRing the game tonight while I finish watching the Tigers feast on some Pig tonight then watching. Thawed out some catfish my son and I caught back during the summer for frying up; should be a good night.

ParadiseiNC and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

After the St. Joe's win, we may be able to compete pretty well against Memphis.

3. Tiger in NC

I think so too. Will be a good early measuring stick for us.

Really impressed with what I saw last night

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Tigers are leading at the half! Damn game being aired prior goes into 3OT's and we miss the entire 1st half here in NC.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The good news is that LSU hung with the 21st ranked team in the country with 25 turnovers committed.

The bad news is they committed 25 turnovers.

cajdav1 likes this.
  6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

So true

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Moral victories mean much less in baseball than basketball, and much less in basketball than in football. But, still gotta believe this team is playing better than we have in a few years and we might have some success this year. Isn't ten losses around the big dance's threshold?

8. Tiger in NC

25 turnovers killed us and was totally the difference in the game. memphis coach said after the game that he definitely believes we are a tournament team and I tend to agree. key will be how well this team gels as the season progresses but I really like what I am seeing. will be interesting to see how we play against Butler tomorrow afternoon after the loss. I really like how deep we are though and I think that bodes well for us as the season goes on.