MESSAGE to RECRUITS: Saban thinks Tuscaloosa is just "OK"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Dec 30, 2008.

1. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Check out tidesports.. they're worrying about the color of his shirt/ties now. :wave:

2. Andouille

Andouille Guest

My problem with Saban wasn't that he wanted to try his hand at the NFL but the way in which he handled his departure from LSU. I found it to be kind of spineless and disrespectful to the LSU nation.

That said, he f-ed up and he's stated more than once that leaving LSU was a mistake and he wishes he'd never done it. LSU has done even better under Miles and thats that.

It was a nice gesture of them to visit the hospital and anything that causes the Gumps to get their panties in wad is fun by me. :yelwink2:

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Well what do you expect him to say after finding out what kinda defensive staff we now have and the recruiting class LSU has put together. He is setting the stage to come back, so he can have another MNC with someone elses work.

4. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

It's gotta burn there azz, to know that living in Bama is "Just Ok". And that coaching for them is even less of a detached plain ole j.o.b.

5. houtxbengal

houtxbengal Founding Member

6. Andouille

Andouille Guest

Who would win in a douche-off? Gump fan or Oklahomo fan?

Something about the color Crimson must make fans into obnoxious d-bags.

7. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

for me personally this year, gump fans have surpassed gator fans in that category so they're at the top now.

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Personally I think it is great what Saban is doing in this video and should overshadow anything else.
    I dont think its been a secret as we have heard him say it before he wishes he never left LSU. But he did, and we have a great coach now and Bama has a great coach. He still dresses poorly, I wish he never left either. But I am pretty happy with what has happened since he did leave.
    I doubt he would ever come back, I think he may leave one day for up north. Penn State is the job I have said for awhile he has a direct line to. Except they keep renewing Paterno ;-)

1 person likes this.
  9. Bama My Heart

Bama My Heart Founding Member

Hey, I would never bash Baton Rouge. The times I have been there, I have always had a good time, and that with a win or a loss. I live in Tuscaloosa, and would probably like the city of Baton Rouge better myself, but like Coach Saban, my job is in Tuscaloosa, so that is where I live. I love Bama football, but I could come to the games from anywhere, so I don't know that I'd make it my choice of living places.
    Concerning Coach Saban ever leaving Bama, we would hate for him to leave, but if he ever feels that is what he needs to do, then he will just have to make that choice. We have done everything to make him happy here from giving him complete control over the program to all the fan support that we can possibly give. I think that the city of Tuscaloosa has tried to make his family happy here, so if he ever feels that he wants to go, then it will not be something that we did not do for him. I'd hate it, but I wish him the best. Now of course that does not mean if he ever went to Auburn. Then those best wishes are off the table, but if he ever decided to go back to LSU, then I would just have to believe that despite what people say, he does have a heart, and he does love that program, and that would be the place for him. I think that he would have to be here for a very long time for him to ever feel like a "true Bama man", and he won't be here that long, either by retirement or going somewhere else.

1 person likes this.
  10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well stated. As a college football fan overall, I can understand your sentiments. I would feel the same way, if he wants to be there, you try to make him as happy as possible since he is a winner. If he does not find happiness personally, then you wish him well (as long as he does not go to AUB, I suppose). He left LSU under different circumstances. More importantly, his true ambitions and sentiments were not really communicated at either LSU or Miami, so his departures left a bad taste in peoples mouths - he just left and it seemed like he abandoned ship. If he left ALA, and stated along the way that the way of living there is not his cup of tea, then you could not fault that, IMO. I would not continue to live somewhere if I did not enjoy it - life is way too short - and he has many options if he so chooses.