MESSAGE to RECRUITS: Saban thinks Tuscaloosa is just "OK"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Dec 30, 2008.

1. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Now see, this makes sense.

LSU has a bowl game tonight against a very formidable ACC opponent and there is a thread about Saban and what he said in a video.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS: A Lot of LSU fans are still obsessed...and cant let it go. :hihi:

2. razer

razer unregistered offender

I think too much is being made of it. nothing more than Saban playing to his audience which is from here. he probably does have some very good friends still here and I believe the case has been made that he wished he didn't leave but he did and that's done. his goal at the hospital was to brighten a few people's day, I don't think he's gonna say ,"hey I'm glad I'm not here anymore after the bashing I've taken."

3. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Uh which one of us is on the opposing fans site?

Obsessed much gumper humper

4. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

I'm sure a lot of the folks on here post on other teams sites...It was a joke hence the :hihi:

Chill.

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Take this to the bank, starting this thread had ZERO to do with obsession. I just hope recruits catch wind of Saban's true feelings towards T-town. I'm just helping spread the news.:thumb:

6. Chukker V

Chukker V Freshman

From a Bama fan's view, I'm not worried about the level of fondness Saban shows towards the town of Tuscaloosa.

Frankly, I think a team's hometown is pretty far down the list of requirements he sets as to where to work. He seems to focus on places with upwards potential and the resources to get there.

He's made enough statements that coaching at Bama is a relatively longterm project - as he wants to build a top flight program that can maintain that level for more than just a few seasons. I expect he'll finish out his coaching career at Bama...but then I never thought Frannie would jump Bama for A & M. :D

7. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

That isn't necessarily a good thing. I mean, Mike Shula may have finished out his head-coaching career there... :rofl:

8. RickydSr

RickydSr Founding Member

If I was a GUMP, this would be my take on the video:

I just picked up the phone in the spare bedroom and overhear my "New Bride" telling her girlfriend how much she misses her EX-BOYFRIEND. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  9. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

Certainly had nothing to do with Spurrier's decision... :wave: FORE!

10. Chukker V

Chukker V Freshman

I think it's customary for new posters on rivals' boards to butter up the home crowd...let me take a stab at it...

When you stop and consider what LSU has done...two national titles in such a short span with two different coaches. That's beyond extraordinary, any way you look at it.

I read somewhere, a Bama fan was asked if he would have been happy had Stallings returned to the SEC at Auburn...and considering that possibility, there's no way it wouldn't jinx me. No matter the circumstances.

The other approach rival posters sometimes take on boards they are visiting is to pick apart their own team...constantly pointing out the negative side of any topic revolving around their team. As if to reassure those he's visiting that his team is, at best, a "paper tiger."

I bet the veteran posters around here know what I mean. Anyway, consider the toast I have for the LSU gang half-buttered and it's great to be here. :lol:

1 person likes this.