Mets suck

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by mesquite tiger, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I'll give you a little credit on this one Clair. As a Braves fan, you would definitely be able to recognize a team destined for an October collapse.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

so can i. that post supposedly bt glavine's brother was referenced by many news sources when it broke, i knew about it too. alls i am saying is i think a god piece of advice for you is to understand what rumors are. yunno, as a journalist. also i suspect you made up the part about your friend the mets fan because it gave your source more credibility, similar to the way you added details about your RP stuff.

it is no big deal of course, i am just giving you helpful advice.

i am sure he would acknowledge realiy, as well as the fact that his team is so weak that he can hit two homers in tonights game, including a grand slam, and still lose. i went to the game, it was awesome.

3. clair

clair Rockets

Nah, my friend actually is a met fan... I would have had no way to know about this without his telling me. Trust me, I don't read the Mets boards...

also, I would never publish anything like this in the paper...

there is a huuuuuuuuuuge difference between what I post here, and what I write there

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

ok, i will buy the AL being better than the NL. but still, the mets have thoroughly destroyed the NL, and they took the season series from the yanks.

and the yankees, with abreu....man, they are good. but we will see how it shakes out in october. thats why they play the games, yo.

edit: now i am the loser, i think i am wrong, and the mets actuall ysplit 6 with the yanks. wagner blew that big lead that time, i forgot about that. last year they took the season series though!

5. clair

clair Rockets

this coming from a fan of a team that wins 1 world series every 100 years or so

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Sigh.... Just as I thought I'd purged this from my memory banks a couple hours ago..... :angryfire

Freakin Beltran is paying off HUGE for the Mets. All to be expected of course. Silly dis-Astros... to borrow from tirk.

As much as I love my 'cards, it's painfully obvious that there is just not going to be a complete pitching staff anytime soon for us.

At this point, I really wish the Mets the best. But hey, Glavine is out for the year per my best friend's dog's friend's master.

SOMEONE from the NL needs to take the WS title this year.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Doesn't matter who he pulls for, he's absolutely right.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

is it the league leading ERA or the massive runs scored stats that make you chumps think the mets will collapse in october?

if it is pitching depth, what team is deeper? nobody has 3 great pitchers.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I'm not the one predicting an October failure from another team. And I only seem to remember your team only winning 1 in your lifetime as well. I know my team is just about done. Without serious pitching help, and Varitek being AWESOME when he returns, no October for Boston. But I'm not gonna try to knock down a team with a double digit division lead.

10. clair

clair Rockets

this is a message board, right!?

I could be wrong, but isn't that what these things are for?!