Mets suck

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by mesquite tiger, Aug 15, 2006.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

You're foolin' yourself, martini...

They're runnin' on fumes.

Can't wait for the playoffs....

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

beg to differ with you there, but the Astros have the most formidable trio of starting pitching that anyone can put up in the playoffs....no one really a close 2nd...but GM Poo-poo-rah decided not to get any offensive help in the off-season again this year, thinking a miracle could happen again with pitching and defense alone. It almost worked again except the impeccable bullpen trio was nothing close to impeccable this year.

That being said, I really like the trio of Pedro, Glavine and El Duque. We all know how clutch El Duque is in the post season, one of the best ever. Glavine has a pretty good post season record as well from what I remember. Pedro is, of course, Pedro. He just needs to be healthy, and he will be. The Mets have handled him with kid gloves, and that has been really smart.

It's gonna be a subway series again, just like 2000. Book it.

I love the Twins in the AL, but they are chokers come playoff time (please refer to Joe Nathan meltdown against Yanks a couple of years back). Detroit will be in over their heads come playoff time. I don't trust the gambler Kenny Rogers to be anywhere close to clutch in the playoffs.

Yanks have a more than decent trio themselves. Big Unit, Mussina and Wang. But what of the status of Rivera? He has to be his old self if the Yankees are to have a chance. Farnsworth will melt down big time if he's asked to close games. And I hope Villone isn't on their post season roster. He's a mess right now.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

right. houston has 3 pitchers, but i am asking about teams that will make the playoffs and face the mets in october. petit oswalt and clemens will be playing golf in october.

i hope not. yankee fans (or as i call them "tourists") are too much to take.

i would love to the the twinkies in the playoffs mangling the yanquis.

4. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I like the Mets celebrating like they just won the World Series after winning the division. Usually the big champagne celebration should be saved for winning the pennant. That is my opinion

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

This coming from you? You who never won anything in sports at the professional level? Maybe not even at the Little League level?

I moved up to the NYC area over two years ago and adopted the Mets as my MLB team. I enjoyed watching the celebration.

Only a Met-hating Yankee fan would have a beef with the celebration.

MARTIN: NEW YORK METROPOLITANS ARE THE 2006 NL EAST CHAMPS !!

LET'S GO METS !!

6. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Umm Id venture to guess many people on this board didnt win a professional championship. That has nothing to do with it. I thought the celebration was just a little over the top. You havent won anything yet. You goign to bust out the champagne if you win the divisional round to??

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Let's see....the Braves won the damn division for the past 15 seasons

Hell yeah you celebrate.

Not sure what is so confusing about that.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

fantastic news: it appear there is a good chance the mets triple-a team might be movieng from norfolk to new orleans. now southerners will be able to enjoy the almost-mets.

9. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Seriously? Are they taking the Zephyrs spots?

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

they're looking to move and have a lot of buyers because teams with their own network are in high demand for revenue purposes.

but i thought scranton and columbus were in the lead. good news if so cuz I preferred the previous team over the nats.