Mett watch update

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rwilliams, Mar 14, 2011.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Heard Hilliard has cut some weight and looks good. I wouldn't be surprised if he receives a redshirt given our depth.

Forgot to add Ego into what I said above. I think Freak has the bigger impact but Ego will not be far behind. Pretty sure he is staying at DT for now. Maybe that changes if we have depth concerns at DE.

JJ has looked the best overall based on reports so far. Best shape of his life and looks like he is using that momentum from the A&M game.

2. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Freak. Am I crazy? Because when I watched Ego's highlight reels, he doesn't look very fast coming off the ball at DE. I can't see him switching back to DE.

3. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

haha. Sample Dandy Don report:

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Hearing that Mett is throwing a "hot" ball. Too fast for some of the receivers. He is in the process of trying to figure out which receivers he needs to take a little off for. Sounds like a good problem to have for a QB.

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Maybe the receivers just need to sack up. Granted some throws need more touch than others, but on quick routes like slants and outs, the quicker the ball gets from point A to point B, the better. Time to work out those hands guys!

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i saw him play vs redemptorist and then saw him a few days ago and he looked a lot leaner to me. good to know since hes a solid/stout dude. if he gets in top shape he will be pretty hard to stop.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not a chance. Jefferson has had his opportunities and now Mettenberger will get his. You don't sign the top JC quarterback to sit them on the bench.

8. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

+1

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Jefferson will start the season. Mett may win out if jj reverts back to sucking but the cotton bowl performance cemented his incumbency. The job is jj's to lose not metts to win. I think metts the future and he should be taking every snap with the 1st team starters to develop chemistry. From all reports jj has looked great in practice. Jj always looks great in practice but in game situations and when the pressure is on he does not perform. Still the job is jj's to lose and he won't lose it in practice he will lose it on the field. Jj will start.

10. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

I agree JJ will start but during games I have a feeling the first signs of trouble or an int by JJ will turn into an opportunity for Mett. Much like last year with JL: the ever-rotating QB system based on performance.

However, if JJ has a bad series and they bring Mett in, who then has a good series, only to be replaced by JJ the next...I will be livid. Don't take away Mett's fire like they did with JL this past year. Same goes for both parties in my eyes, though. Don't pull JJ if he's on a hot streak.