mettenberger on 1210 now

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 20, 2010.

1. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

I don't know either. You could be on point. We really don't know exactly what happened, and I'm sure you're right that similar things have happened at other places and been swept under the rug.

Still, I think it's a risk to bring this kid in, and I am uneasy about it. Georgia kicked him off their team. Someone is going to give him a chance, but should it be LSU? Is that what our team is about? Makes me sick watching Masoli lead Ole Miss, and I think less of Houston Nutt for bringing him in. I don't want that for LSU. Maybe this kid just made a mistake and learned his lesson, but if we give him the job and he screws up again, it will be Ryan Perilloux Part Deux.

2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

If Les brings him in because he thinks he is basically a good kid that deserves a second chance AND believes the issues are behind him I would be supportive. BUT if Les brings him in because we need a QB and he's the best quick solution - See Nutt - then that's a differenct story.

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I should have added - If he brings him in and it blows up it's all on CLM. His ass will be on the line.

4. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Two counts? Is that one for each boob?

1 person likes this.
  5. PGizle

PGizle Veteran Member

man 6-5 245 and he can throw the ball 82 yards he sounds like hes just a hair away from th ogre we used to have at QB

6. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

It won't be RP Part 2 for the simple fact that we're not pinning the franchise QB label on Mettenberger. By all accounts he's been on the straight and narrow in JC. He'll probably also be cooling his heels for a while behind a couple of senior QBs. Les is holding all the cards in this situation, and I don't see him tolerating any funny stuff.

7. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Richt has publicly said he regrets the decision to kick him off the team. This is no where near the RP situation. That situation was spread over 4-5 incidents over a couple of years...and included a federal investigation.

8. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

FWIW, from what I read, he was booted from the team for lying to Richt about what happened, not for the actual grabbage. That worries me as much as his actions. However, it could be that he has learned from his mistakes that led to the incident and the lying after.

9. rbc

rbc Freshman

cam newton is a second chancer and now is the front runner for the heisman

10. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Lying or his side of the story? I heard it was a he said she said thing and that Richt was strong armed into kicking him off by girls father who was a major booster. He has since stated that he will never again be pressured into making a decision like that again and regrets it. I have no official source just what I've heard.