Mettenberger vs Jefferson/Lee

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by b_leblanc, Jan 12, 2011.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes because there was zero depth at the position. something he should have done long ago. just so happened to get one of the best prospects in the process.

but it will have little to do with next year.

exactly and how many games did he continue to start? all of them. almost every snap.

now that hes improved and a SR you think he sits for some noob?

no chance.

no one is buts its irrelevant at this point I believe.

oh and i think jamarcus only had 1 more 300 yd game than JJ.

2. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Mett will probably be the starter before the middle of next season if not sooner.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

What insurance? Mett has what, one season of JUCO play under his belt? After sitting on the bench for a year I don't know how he would be measurably better than Rivers going forward after 2011 (unless Rivers is some bust in the making for reasons I'm not aware of). Again, if that's Les' intent, it's a wasted schollie IMO.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Nobody signs junior college players that aren't expected to contribute right away. They have no time for "a year on the bench". Mettenberger will start unless he completely fouls up spring practice. He will ripen quicker on the field than on the bench.

Our fine receivers are not being utilized enough. We must have a QB that can throw the ball consistently.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

im in for a friendly wager*.

*injury does not apply.

sure they do if les is the coach and they have 3 yrs remaining. Les has 7 left. hes got time to wait.

we have JJ buddy. we just won 11 games with him. Les said we were a hair away from playing for the NC. He's starting 13 games next year barring injury or kidnapping.

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

At best we have both splitting time like jj/jl did last season. If jj stinks it up and mett shines mett will get more time. Jl didn't light it up enough to take the job last season. I don't think jl had a fair shot to start. I hope mett gets an honest chance. If jj plays all season like he did in the cotton bowl he will be the starter and will probably get his nc.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'm afraid Miles likes to tinker with the offense, likes a mobile QB, and will restrict whoever is OC next year. I think we'll see him continue to favor seniority and have trouble not sticking with his guy.

I predict headaches in the future and a bunch of people feeling the need to defend Les as he continues to scrape together wins.

:po: Nega-tiger SMASH!!! Hope I'm wrong.

8. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

bite your tongue! jefferson's first game (also a bowl game) was his other "best" game. problem is, we can't have 40 days between every game. he's had a lot of time to become a stable qb. position has to be open to the qb giving us best chance to win. he's scared now because it looks like he finally has competition, imo.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, the negatigers are starting the BS early this year . . .

1 person likes this.
  10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Mettenbergers a big boy at 6-5, 245, hopefully he has whats needed to snag the job... 3 year possible BCS run.