Mettenberger vs Jefferson/Lee

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by b_leblanc, Jan 12, 2011.

1. PSU2LSU

PSU2LSU Veteran Member

Maybe I'm just an optimist but I really think Jefferson is going to have a breakout year next year. If he gets his footwork and mechanics down over the summer he could be a very good college QB.. He doesn't need to throw for 300 yards to be effective, he just needs to manage the game and not miss open receivers.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Consistency is his issue. When he's good he's quite good and when he's bad he's very bad. Most of the time he trails the SEC average.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Gold star for you. :thumb:

4. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

The only way I'm okay with the split is if the pocket passer is the main QB. You can't have a pocket passer come off the bench for a few plays and be effective.

I'm going to attempt not to worry about this until the spring game when I can see Mett throw. We still have to see who we hire and what kind of offense we will run.

5. sean5340

sean5340 Freshman

I just spit out my drink. I thought you said "learn from".

6. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

That's exactly what I mean. The mobile QB would be coming in for a change of pace.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Jefferson has an extremely low ceiling as a passer. Even in the A&M game he had some god awful passes that had you scratching your head. Thank goodness for the 2 long TD passes.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

And one of the 4 TDs was an intended pitch back on an option play but it was pitched forward by a yard and Jefferson was credited with a TD pass. So basically 3 TDs all season long. That's almost impossible to do.

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Did this on photoshop, not the best execution but it will give you an idea of how Mett will look in LSU p&g.

[​IMG]

10. acemic

acemic Founding Member

Maybe, but I'm more inclined to believe he starts with JJ and gets Mett some work during the season, and if Mett has caught on will start....... JJ is no longer the future here but could be the bridge until Mett comes up to game speed. Just my .02